SEEKINGOther, Piano, Keyboard, Drums, Bass Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - Baritone.
Looking for talented musicians and composers to form a band and play around NYC for our friends and for fun! Original music written collaboratively and high energy live shows. No egos or drama. Looking to musically incorporate minor tonalities, syncopated rhythms or alternate time signatures, inventive chord progressions, harmony and voice leading, chord inversions, harmonic tension, alternate tunings, wide dynamic range. Someone who can speak and communicate in musical ideas preferred!
Iím 26, play acoustic and electric guitar and piano/keyboard. I also sing backup and play a mean tambourine.
- Lead singer/frontman, strong dynamic voice and stage presence a must! LIVE SHOW EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Lyric writing ability would be great too, as itís not my strong point
- Bass player
- Guitarist who can play both lead and rhythm
Iíd be on electric guitar and maybe synth if we end up incorporating it into our sound
Influences are Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, Mew, Hijk, Paper Route, RHCP,
Probably rehearse every week or two, ideally playing out every month or two. People with friends who live in NYC and like to come to your shows preferred!
- 5+ years serious experience on your instrument, the more the better
- Live show experience with high energy
- Composition experience (i.e. writing your own drum pattern/vocal line/melody/chord progression etc. on your instrument. Nothing formal, just a desire to create new music on your instrument with a band)
- 20ís to early 30ís
- Ability to record at home so we can share song ideas by email would be ideal but not required
- Your own equipment for live shows (excluding standard back-line equipment present at most venues. If you donít know what this is, youíre probably not who Iím looking for)
- Studio experience preferred but not required
- Ability to meet in Manhattan for rehearsal/songwriting required
If youíre interested, send me links to your material or other bands youíve played in where I can hear what you sound like. My emails adeceptivecadence . Video of you playing live would be even better.
You can hear my compositions, and the musical style that Iím currently envisioning for the band (though weíd clearly create a new style) at:
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Mar 23 2008
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years together:
- Gigs played:
- 50 to 100
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- 31 years
Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, Mew, Hijk, Paper Route, RHCP, Muse, Placebo, Michael Nyman, Pink Floyd
Martin HD28 acoustic, Fender Strat Mexican Starburst, Line6 Pod xtLive, Boss RC-50 loop station, Fender Bass, Steinway Piano, Marshall TSL122 100w tube amp, Groove Percussion drum set, SM57, SM58, Samson C03, ProTools/MBox, Logic Rokit KRK5 monitors