- Member #
- Member since
- 8 Nov 2008
- Last activity record:
- Active over 1 month ago
- Instruments played:
- Background Singer, Acoustic Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - General
- Folk, Country, Acoustic
- Screen name:
- Keller, Texas, 76248
- 55 years old
- Level of commitment:
- Moderately Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
- Most available:
Rhythm Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Background Singer.
· Performed with the Santa Cruz band “Sunset” at 16.
· 1980, BA in Theatre Arts, performing in over 20 plays and musicals.
· Gateley and Lucas, popular duo with performances all over the SF Bay Area from 1979 to 1991.
· Joined the San Jose country rock band “Windfeather” in 1987. Opened for The Marshall Tucker Band.
· Late 2006-Early 2007, completed a 3 month engagement at P3- Palazzo’s in Fort Worth.
· In 2008, completed an 8-month engagement at Jason’s in Keller.
· Currently performing at Manny G’s in Keller.
Music has always been a part of my life. Beginning with the trumpet in the 4th grade and moving on to the guitar at 14, I have always been performing. Landing a spot with the popular band, “Sunset” at the age of 16, I began working for the next few years with “Sunset” as well as several solo performances in and around the small beach town of Santa Cruz, California.
I moved on to college in the San Francisco Bay Area where I earned a BA in Theatre Arts and performed in over 20 plays and musicals. My background in the theatre has greatly enhanced my ability to relate to an audience.
It was in my senior year of college that I met Dave Gateley at a Muscular Dystrophy Benefit Concert. We were both performing there as separate solo acts. Together we formed the wildly popular acoustic duo, “Gateley and Lucas”. From 1979 to 1991 we performed in front of thousands all around the San Francisco Bay area and beyond.
In 1987, Dave and I joined “Windfeather”, a country rock band from San Jose, California. For the next 2 years I performed with Windfeather at venues such as “The Saddlerack” (California’s largest nightclub, fashioned after Gilley’s), The Santa Clara County State Fair, and opening for popular country rock acts such as The Marshall Tucker Band.
From 1991 up until a few years ago; I hung up the guitar and spent the next several years raising my family. I was relocated to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in 1992. In late 2006, the urge to begin performing came back. I began branching out and playing for weddings and in local venues all around the Ft. Worth and Mid-Cities areas.
I’m little older, a little wiser and the old songs, as well as the newer songs all have a different meaning to me now.
I must say, “It feels good to be back”.
James Taylor, Jim Croce, America, Beatles, Eagles