SEEKINGKeyboard, Drums, Other, Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar.
"AN audiovisual EXPERIENCE OF the highest CALIBUR"
An eclectic Metal/Acoustic progressive group based around the Long Island, New York area - founded in 2004 by front-man & lead vocalist "Dr. Thomas Neill Cream" (The DoKToR) -
Since its inception, Hypocritical Oath has long been in search for its calling, as envisioned by the Good ol' DoKToR Himself.
To bring to awareness the mass hypocrisy and delusion that plagues our world today, To call to others to seek their individuality, their own voice, To rise above the status quo, the cults of personality, and to discover yourself, and ultimately - BE WHO YOU ARE -
The group also aims to accomplish the same philosophy in a musical sense, hoping to manipulate this thing called "music" and stretch it into an amorphous substance with no real form to better reflect the concept of ART.
If interested in joining up with us to fight the war on ignorance and apathy, contact us at Hypocriticaloath @t live dot cum
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Jun 15 2007
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years together:
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- 28 years
While seeking to discover their own unique signature voice - H/O has a diverse list of musical influence that have had a significant impact on the sound they have today:
Some include but not all:
System of a Down
The Tea Party
Misery Loves Company
PWEI (Pop Will Eat Itself)
The D (Tenacious D)
Plus, paying homage as well to the legends of rock...as well as drawing from the exotic sounds of World Music -
Members Of Band
Dr. Thomas Neill Cream - Lead Founder/Songwriter/Vocals/Producer/Samplist
Zen Master - Electric/Acoustic Guitars/keyboards & synth programming/mixing & co-production
Our list includes but not all:
- Various electric guitars (BC Rich, Ibanez) - as well as acoustic steel string and Spanish flamenco guitar -
Amp: Marshall MG15 series, fender hotrod dlx (solid state/tube combo)
Effects: Numerous collection of stompbox pedals for our tone. Largely endorsed by Digitech. (Metal Master, Boss MT-2, Revalver MKIII)
A large portion of the recording is done at Zen Sounds home studio - specializing in a peaceful work environment designed for ease of creativity and workflow.
- Presonus FP10 firewire interface w/ 8 channels - 24bit/96K support for pristine studio-quality recordings
- M-Audio BX5A Deluxe near-field studio monitors (140W total)
- Gateway GT5012 minitower w/ Dual-Core 2.8GHz processor, 1 Gig Ram, 250Gig HD, running Win Media XP
- Behringer Xenyx 802 8-channel 2-bus mixer (for live recording setups or gigs)
- Cubase Studio 4 DAW
- Sonar 6
- Fl Studios
- tons of FX plugins & VST instruments
- 3 dynamic cardioid mics from different brands (Nady, RadioShack, Audio Technica)
- AT2020 cardioid condenser
- Behringer C-2 condenser
Other Digital Equipment:
- Xv-88 88-key synth workstation w/ MIDI
- Boss Dr-3 Drum Programmer
- The list continues to grow as the band does...
Hopefully, if all goes according to plan, Zen Master will be able to meet up with Alex, Ghia and I in Rocky Point. There will be a customary jam, followed by practices of several songs from our samples list. Maybe if all goes well, we will discuss stage names ha HA!