- Member #
- Member since
- 26 Oct 2006
- Last activity record:
- Active within 2 weeks
- Instruments played:
- Vocalist - General, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Background Singer
- R&B, Blues, Classic Rock
- Screen name:
- Charlottesville, Virginia, 22947
- 97 years old
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Vocalist - General:
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Lead Guitar:
- Acoustic Guitar:
- Background Singer:
- Click on a song to start playing.
- Download Lonesome Child - Jon Spear on vox and lead guitar; Scott Ramminger on sax;
- Download Shake Your Boogie -- Jon Spear on lead guitar and vox
- Download Buzz Me (Jon Spear lead guitar; Christine Millett vox and keys)
- Download Gimme Three Steps -- guitar by Jon Spear; lead vocal by Rob Woods
- Download Drift Away -- Guitar by Jon Spear; vocals by Kyle Jefson
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
Bass Guitar, Drums, Saxophone, Upright bass.
I am an experienced guitarist with solid chops, pro attitude and gear. I've been playing semi-professionally for quite a few years -- mostly classic rock, blues, swing, rockabilly and a touch of country. I don't do metal. I'm serious about being a good performer and working respectfully with my fellow musicians. I'm available for a number of projects including possibly a blues or classic rock band. I do some lead guitar sub work also. I'd also like to do a 3-piece rockabilly combo with upright bass and drums. Lastly, I do solo acoustic guitar playing with vocals.
On the electric side, some of the people who influenced me include Chuck Berry, Debbie Davies, Hollywood Fats, Duke Robillard, Bloomfield, Clapton, BB King, and Lionel "Link" Chamberlain. On the acoustic side, I do a lot of 60s style fingerpicking and flatpicking -- acoustic blues, Dylan, Paul Simon, Lightfoot, Joni Mitchell and similar.
I have a variety of high quality guitars (electric and acoustic) and amps that can be mixed & matched to fit most playing situations -- everything from vintage hollow bodies and old tweed amps, up to modern gear. I have a Bose L1 PA.