- Member #
- Member since
- 11 Jan 2008
- Last activity record:
- Active within 24 hours
- Instruments played:
- Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar
- Classic Rock, Christian Contemporary
- Screen name:
- Morganton, North Carolina, 28655
- 48 years old
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Most available:
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Lead Guitar:
- Acoustic Guitar:
- Bass Guitar:
Classic Rock / festival / cover band (not a bar band) near the East-Burke, Hickory NC
Contact: lrm_3@yahoo dot com
Watch the videos and you be the judge;
“Women in love” intro and “Somebody get me a Doctor” solo are without any backing tracks.
Van-Halen tribute is passages of “Eruption” and it really shows what wicked tones the Fender EVH 5150III can attain.
The other guitar solo clips are; 38 Special: “Rocking into the night”, Night Ranger: “Sister Christian” and AC/DC: “You shook me all night long” played along with soundtracks (in my garage through PA).
All tracks (except IPHONE video) are one guitar microphone and MP3 player ran from Mackie mixer straight into laptop using windows movie maker. They are pure “raw”, accurate representations of my playing. No studio overdubs or fixes. They are sort of live online demos.
The phone video shot outside sums it all up 100%.
GOD, Edward Van-Halen, Brad Gillis, Zakk Wylde, Mark Knopfler, Reb Beach and on and on... too many.
I have learned and played so many songs it would be impossible for me to list them, however as a style or by artist may be easier:
· Classic Rock (of course) such as Journey, Aerosmith, Eagles, Starship, ZZ Top, Cheap Trick, Heart, Pat Benatar, Bon Jovi, Billy Squier, Ted Nugent, Bryan Adams, AC/DC, Kiss, Scorpions, Dokken, Def Leppard, Night Ranger, Winger, Ratt and other 80’s hair bands.
· Southern Rock; 38 Special, Molly Hatchet, etc…
· 90’s stuff like STP, Candlebox, Driving & crying, Alice in Chains, Creed, etc…
· Old School stuff like “Shooting Star”, “Spooky”, “All right Now” and a few others.
· Obviously quite a bit of Van-Halen, including the most popular ones etc…
LRM Elite Guitars equipped with Floyd Rose Original Tremolos, DiMarzio Tone Zone / PAF Pro and Norton Pickups.
MESA Boogie Stiletto 100 watt Head.
MESA Boogie Tripple Rectifier 150 watt Head.
Block Letter Peavey 5150 4x12A cabinet loaded w/ two G12H30 Vintage Celestion spkrs and two Celestion Greenbacks in an "X" pattern for well rounded incredible TONE!
A modest rack using a power supply, G-Major Processor, Korg tuner and a MIDI foot control.
Morley Bad-Horsie Wah.
MXR phase 90
Shure LX-14 Pro Wireless.
My amp rig is very quiet and extremely clear (unforgiving clear!). In fact at idle there is no sound at all.
Medium sized New P.A with SP-2s, SP-118 Subs, Mackie 1642 mixer and 3000 watts of power amps, EQ's, compressors, etc..