Michael Eric Deak
- Member #
- Member since
- 31 Jan 2008
- Last activity record:
- Active within 24 hours
- Instruments played:
- Keyboard, Piano
- Acoustic, Jazz, Latin
- Screen name:
- Michael Eric Deak
- Gig Harbor, Washington, 98335
- 71 years old
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- Most available:
- Click on a song to start playing.
- Download Where Did We Go Wrong? (Original) (vocal with trio)
- Download Silent Soul (Original) (vocal with trio)
- Download A Blossom In The Snow (orchestrated) (Original)
- Download GoodBye, Bill (For Bill Evans) (Original) (piano solo)
- Download You Don't Know What Love Is (Standard) (vocal, piano)
- Naima (John Coltrane) (Jazz Standard) (piano solo)
- Dindi (Brazilian Standard) (vocal, piano)
- Some Other Time (Bernstein) (Standard) (vocal, piano)
- Never Let Me Go (Standard) (vocal, keyboards)
- When I Fall In Love (Standard) (vocal, keyboards)
- The Very Thought Of You (Standard) (vocal, piano)
- "My Funny Valentine" (Standard) (vocal, piano)
- A Sleepin' Bee (Standard) (vocal, piano)
- Morning (Jazz Standard) (vocal, piano)
- How Deep Is The Ocean (Standard) (piano with rhythm section)
- Stella By Starlight (Standard) (piano with rhythm section)
- Waltz For Debby (Jazz Standard) (Vocal, Piano)
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
Band to Join, Vocalist - Alto, Other, Background Singer, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Vocalist - Soprano, Vocalist - General, Upright bass.
I am a jazz pianist a la Bill Evans--Keith Jarrett. I am also a composer (BMI), of jazz vocals, instrumentals, and classical. Photos show myself, and also, fellow MJP composers, Rene Pineda-BMI; and Jack Fulks--ASCAP. I have won three competitions and finaled in one in composition. The most recent win came this past July; it was The American Prize 2013, for music composition, chamber music division, for "Introspections) Music For Two Classical Guitars.
Bill Evans, Miles, Keith Jarrett, Hindemith, Ravel, Mompou, Debussy, Finzi, Barber.
Yamaha P-90, Barbetta 15" amp (from Jim Keltner).