The Starfish Protocol
- Member #
- Member since
- 24 Aug 2007
- Last activity record:
- Active within 1 month
- Blues, Other, Southern Rock
- The Starfish Protocol
- Screen name:
- Starfish Scott
- Flemington, New Jersey, 08822
- 45 years old
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- 10 to 50
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
Bass Guitar, Piano, Other.
I need a competent DAW operator to collaborate with.
Which DAW you like is inconsequential. I use Cakewalk Sonar 6, but I know a little Pro Tools also.
The point is that I don't like to manipulate the DAW while I write. My content suffers if I do this.
Please be flexible. Multi-genre is preferred. Bring your creative mind and let's swirl some sound-scapes, shall we?
It's no secret that I dislike studios because someone is always trying to write something else into your music. Producers are great until they want to write the chorus. ecchh NOO!!!!
(F off, Fat Tony!!!!!) Stay True To Your Concept Of Your Music.
contact at hostile_scout at y a h o o dot c o m
Jimi Hendrix, Robin Trower, Blues, Beatles, Coldplay, David Bowie, Bush, Southern Rock, Monster Magnet, Hawkwind, Hypatia Lake, Space and Time, Star Trek, Silver Chair, Space Hog, Stone Temple Pilots, Heavy Metal the movie, Tarzan: King Of Mars, Vertigo, Katy Perry, Donovan, Alan Parsons, Pink Floyd, Cheap Trick, The Flys, Type O Negative, Traffic w/Steve Winwood, The Kinks, Tool, Puscifer, A Perfect Circle, Pet Shop Boys, The Cure, Led Zepplin, T-Rex, Ted Nugent, Marcy Playground, Moe, MOTORWOLF, MGMT, Neil Young, Gypsy Sun and Rainbows, Quicksand, Queen, Queens of the Stone Age, Jet, Joe Walsh, Steve Miller, The Eagles, Don Henley, Elton John, Velvet Revolver and Folk Implosion.
Marshall/Fender Amplification, Strats, assorted boutique pedals. Yamaha EMX 300 PA and S215V's and SV115IV's.
Members Of Band
Visiting different planets/artists and studios in the galaxy. Drop us a line if you want to be next..
Oh was that a SUPERNOVA? Ok, changing course again. Hold on tight..cause the ride can get rough, but that's ok we'll make it cause were heading AWAY from "it". (gulp)
If you do not have a sample, I suggest you get one. It's a very specific determinant of whether you have anything worth working with or not. Any sample is better than none.
Lately I've been experimenting with Pink Floyd type materials, Type O Negative and full on rotary speaker type acid blues but any of this is doable. I am not short on expertise, just on valid opportunities.
Latest forum posts
- In Canadian Music News at 12/05/13 11:49:19
- In Thanksgiving Planet and the Turkey Men... at 12/05/13 11:44:10
- In DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU SCARE EASILY!!! at 12/05/13 11:36:02
- In Thanksgiving Planet and the Turkey Men... at 12/03/13 08:20:24
- In Thanksgiving Planet and the Turkey Men... at 11/29/13 15:10:14
- In OK, I'm going to be down for a while. at 11/17/13 12:15:50
- In Get out there! at 11/17/13 12:09:10
- In so how about that mayor of ours in Toronto eh? at 11/16/13 10:11:29
- In New Axe in da House ! at 11/16/13 10:07:31
- In Get out there! at 11/16/13 10:03:42