- Member #
- Member since
- 26 Jan 2009
- Last activity record:
- Active over 1 month ago
- Instruments played:
- Vocalist - General, Other Percussion
- Screen name:
- Ocean Springs, Mississippi, 39564
- 60 years old
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 6-7 nights a week
- Most available:
- Vocalist - General:
- Other Percussion:
- Click on a song to start playing.
- Mustang Sally-Studio-The 4 out of 5 Dentists Band-(Lead Vocals)
- Wonderful Tonight-Studio-4/5 Dentists (Lead and Harmony Vocals)
- Tears In Heaven-Lott and Clark-Live (Lead Vocals+Congas)
- Like The Sun-Melanie Hammet-Org/Studio (All Drums+Perc+Chi-Aahs)
- For Tonight-KyleShivers-Org/Studio (5 tuned Congas+Bongos)
- I'm On Fire-KyleShivers-Org/Studio (All Perc + Congas)
- Music For A Good Time-KyleShivers-Org/Studio (All Perc+Congas)
- Download Be Young Be Foolish Be Happy-Solid Gold Band--(Lead Vocals)
- Download Knock On Wood-Solid Gold (Lead Vocals)
- Download Sweet Soul Music-Solid Gold -(Lead Vocals)
- Download Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye-The Niteriders-(Lead Vocal)
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
I grew up in Ocean Springs,received a Printing degree from Perkinston Jr College,spent 3 years in the Music Ed program @ USM on trumpet and percussion. While in Hattiesburg I was lead vocals and played congas/percussion in : "Sundog"(w/Johnny Hedman, Evan Gallagher) and "Mason Dixon"(Chris Barker,Phrawg Conn)
The Partial List Of Road Bands playing 6 nights a week starting in 1975 that I played in are:"1988"-Ocala/Daytona,Fl (w/-Chris) "Biscayne Bay"-Hattiesburg/Palm Beach,Fl-(Chris,Al Herring),"Rainbow Express"-Michigan,"Starstruk"/"TheTouch"-Atlanta(Eddie Moody, Bill Hoyt, David "Shellcracker" Shelton, Debbie Davis,David Antonius).
I lived In Atlanta from 1985-1998 and played/recorded in various original and cover bands at night while working during the day as a 4-color silkscreen pressman for a commercial printing company.
I worked exclusively with Melanie Hammet,an original artist in Atlanta for 2 years as an acoustic duo or trio, playing: 5 tuned congas, 2 bongos,a stand up percussion rig and singing back up.
I also played in several midi duos, trios where I learned to program drums,edit,and mix songs.
I moved back to the coast in 1998 sang with "Domino"-a 6 piece showband in Mobile,Al
The Duo "Heart and Soul with Cindy Dasher
I became the new male lead vocalist for the "Niteriders" an 11 piece R&B horn/showband after the former lead singer passed away.
From 2006-Dec 31,2010 I was in "The Lott and Clark Expedition" a midi cover duo I created with Monte Lott on guitar. I was responsible for lead vocals, song arrangements, mixes and set lists.
Since Jan 1 2011 I have been doing a solo act "Ted Clark" where I now have non-stop shows: (50's 60's, 70's 80's,90's,New Orleans, Island, Beatles, Country, Big Band/Great American Songbook, and a "Dance" set...with more being worked up every day ) which features nothing but the "Chart Toppers": If you want more, this can be upgraded to a duo, trio for whatever the occasion requires.
I am always looking to network with other musicians.If you need: a vocalist/percussionist for a gig; or if your vocalist is sick; or for studio work call me @ 228-324-0083.
My father. He told me,"Ted you don't want to be a musician for a living.I had some musician friends and all they have to show now is a list of bands." I told him, "Dad that was back in the 1940's. Today it's different."
My favorite quote:"We grow too early old and too late smart."
Available on request.