Tom G NJ
- Member #
- Member since
- 17 Jul 2009
- Last activity record:
- Active within 2 weeks
- Instruments played:
- Vocalist - Baritone, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Keyboard, Mandolin, Cello
- Heavy Metal, Acoustic, Classic Rock
- Screen name:
- Tom G NJ
- Bridgewater, New Jersey, 08807
- 48 years old
- Level of commitment:
- Moderately Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- 10 to 50
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
- Most available:
- Vocalist - Baritone:
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Lead Guitar:
- Acoustic Guitar:
Piano, Keyboard, Drums, Bass Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Vocalist - General.
(Updated July, 2012) Experienced guitar player, recreational: keyboards, bass, mandolin, and recently, cello. Looking to play for fun or to join or start a band. I have played in classic rock and metal bands on and off since the 80s. Usual situation was to play covers of Sabbath, Priest, AC/DC...but not much market for that in bar bands anymore. Now, the challenge is to pick songs that are interesting for the band, but not too esoteric for an audiance. Lately this has yielded: Bad Co, Beatles, BTO, The Cars, Cheap Trick, Foo Fighters, 3 Doors Down - great stuff also.
I'm a capable lead guitarist but it doesn't matter to me who plays the solos. If there's a prominent keyboard part, I'll break off from guitar and play that (Just What I Needed) or add mandolin lines (Maggie May). I sing a little, but in a lower pitch range (Space Oddity). Looking for a new project in one of these areas:
1. Replace the 2nd guitarist who left your existing band. Learn harmony parts, play rhythm, some solos, or be Tony Iommi or David Gilmour in darker band. Have equipment, transporation, reliable, etc.
2. Form a new band. Put the pieces together and start from scratch. Timeline, genre, casual or serious, all not important and open for discussion.
3. Jam locally for fun. Send me your list: Classic rock, metal, pop, strum-a- longs, unfinished originals, and we'll get some people together and play them.
4. Experienced narrator, voice-over.
Traditional Metal: Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin
Classic Rock: Beatles, David Bowie, BTO, The Cars, Cheap Trick, Alice Cooper!, Foreigner, Grand Funk Railroad, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd!, REO Speedwagon, Rush, Sweet, Traffic, UFO!, Uriah Heep, Wings. Any song with a Vincent Price monologue.
Acoustic: America, Beatles, Jimmy Buffett, John Denver, etc.
If interested, email: email@example.com for song list (or send me yours)
Guitars, Amps, Effects.
Electric Organ for 3 finger chords.
Electric Bass, in case no one else wants to play bass that day.
Mandolin for Maggie May, Losing My Religion, and old Zeppelin.
Cello: Here Without You by 3 Doors Down, TSO, or the Euro band: Epica
Toy Xylophone, rain stick and sheet of aluminum