SEEKINGRhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Drums.
We are an active Country/Rock band in need of a lead/rhythm guitarist & drummer. On the country side, we play mostly progressive country (Aldean/Gilbert, etc). On the rock side, its some classic (Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker), a good bit of 80's (Poison, Black Crows, Metallica), and up to 3 Doors Down. We also play some originals, with more coming in the future. We've opened shows for some major acts, and potentially more in the future once the lineup is situated.
SO that we're not wasting each others time, here's what we're looking for. If this is not you, then please do not respond, as we've had plenty of "dedicated" musicians prove otherwise. Serious inquiries only.
1. Must have your own gear, and it be in working condition. We have a full PA system big enough to play damn near any venue..., but we don't supply your instrument. You're responsible for everything between your instrument to the board.
2. Must be dedicated!!!!!!!!!! We practice ONCE PER WEEK. At times, if a big show's coming up, we have went to two practices, but you must be able to show up at least once per week. If you can't make a practice.... you must at least have the courtesy to call ahead of time and let people know. NO/CALL - NO/SHOWS are unacceptable.....period!!!!!
3. Must be willing to contribute to ALL aspects of the band. We all choose songs, and work up arrangements of the songs. We are not a "note-for-note" specific band. The audience should be able to recognize the song, but we like to add our own touch to it. Aside from the musical aspects.... you must also be willing to help with the business side of the band. A band is a business in many respects. Most of a show is sold to the audience prior to taking the stage (advertising, etc...) Must be willing to help out in this area as well. Some just want to show up and play and not lift a finger otherwise.... yet they expect the same money as the ones doing the rest of the work.
4. Must be DRAMA-FREE!!! We don't want egotistical, hard to get along with divas. We like to think we're pretty easy to get along with and have fun together.... we expect the new guitarist & drummer to fit in.
5. No Drug habits!! No further need be said.
6. BE ABLE TO PLAY!! We've actually had TWO guitarists audition that claimed to know most of our song list prior to showing up. When they showed up, neither one could even play an opening riff to a song....even a song of their choosing!!! SO, if you aren't stage ready as far as skill and ability....then stop reading and move on.
7. Due to our song list... we'd prefer a guitarist who can play some lead and some rhythm. We have one guitarist already, and he'd like to split time with the right person.
Sorry to appear as an arse above, but if you only knew the people we've had that made us create those rules!!! Anyhow, apart from those, IF you can sing, and would like to sing one or two songs...that's fine as it gives our singer a little breather during a show. If you can sing backup.....then excellent. If you can't sing at all... it's not a mandatory skill, so no worries there.
If you are truly interested, then it's best to contact me via email at ccunn72 at . I'll try to answer back swiftly. Only interested musicians contact me please! Also, auditions will most likely be held on an afternoon, so if your schedule can't do this, there may be an issue.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Sep 08 2011
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Years together:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- 45 years
Too many to name.
Members Of Band
Charles Cunningham (Lead Vocals)
Doby Selman (Bass Guitar)
Curtis Patrick (lead/rhythm guitar)
Full PA equipment