SEEKINGBand to Join, Acoustic Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Vocalist, Bass Guitar, Drums, Violin, Saxophone, Keyboard, Piano, Other, Fiddle, Upright bass.
I am looking for a drummer, bassist, and/or guitarist to start a band/music project. I am also open to other instruments such as piano/keyboard, sax, and electro/synth. I'd like to set up some jams and then see how things could progress from there - start out jamming regularly maybe 2 to 3 times/week. Please only respond if you are actually serious about getting together to play soon.
Musical chemistry and creative collaboration is what I'm looking for, so this could start out with just one other musician and then grow as we find more musicians to play with. Or if things take off with only 2 or 3 of us, that's fine too.
My goal is to start a small group to play with, and eventually start playing gigs - I'm mostly interested in playing for fun, even playing gigs for free, but of course I'm open to paid gigs if the opportunities ever come along.
I'm 28, live in Venice, and have been playing guitar for 14 years. I've played lead in numerous bands and projects ranging from hard blues rock, indie/alt rock, punk/hardcore, and a couple jam bands. I am pretty open to musical style. Someone in the age range of 21 to 37 would be ideal, but I'm flexible if we play well together...
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Jan 24 2012
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- 10 to 50
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- Most available:
Built to Spill, The Helio Sequence, Minus the Bear, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, SRV, Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks, Jimi Hendrix, Andrew Bird, The Mars Volta, Sparta, At the Drive-In, Flaming Lips, Pink Floyd, Smashing Pumpkins, Delta Spirit, Cut Copy, Phish, Jane's Addiction, Primus, VHS or Beta, Yo La Tengo, Junior Boys, Wolfmother, Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, and the list goes on...
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Lead Guitar:
- Acoustic Guitar:
- early 90s Fender American Strat w/ Fender Custom Shop Fat 50's
- Taylor W14CE LTE acoustic/electric cutaway
- Fender Blues Jr. 1x12 all tube amp w/ mods
- Trace Elliot 100 watt all tube amp head
- custom 2x12 teak wood speaker cabinet w/ Celestion Greeback and Vintage 30 speakers
- Analog Man boutique Ibanez TS-9 overdrive pedal w/ TS808 mod and silver mod
- Teese RMC boutique wah w/ true bypass
- Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 power supply
- Big Muff Pi w/ tone wicker mod
- about to add an Analog man boutique modded Boss DS-1 distortion pedal w/ all mods, analog man sunface fuzz, analog man comprosser, and others down the road...