SEEKINGAcoustic Guitar, Background Singer, Bass Guitar, Lead Guitar, Other Percussion, Rhythm Guitar, Upright bass, Vocalist.
Shalom. I am a 16 year old upright bassist who has an unhealthy obsession with metal. All sorts of metal. From Folk metal, to Progressive metal, to Aliencore, to whatever Infant Annihilator would be freaking classified as.. technicalcore? I don't even know.. Anyway, I've been dabbling in music for about 6 years and learning music theory for about 2 of them. I play Solo Bass, some sonatas including Eccles Mov 1-4, Vivaldi's E minor 1-4, etc, etc. I've been in the school orchestra for all my life (except for a 1 year hiatus, because I was absolutely tired of the teacher we had.) and was in the Mankato Area Youth Symphony Orchestra, and prior to that (due to age and literally not knowing where to sign up for MAYSO) I was in North Star. After kind of growing old from playing the same sonatas over and over again, I stumbled across this band called Necrophagist, I don't know if you've ever heard of them? After hearing Only Ash Remains I knew instantly I needed to be apart of metal, so I did. For 2 years now I've been learning all sorts of songs, from Death and Infant Annihilator, to Obscura and Beyond Creation. The type of music I strive to write as would be a mix of Gojira, Obscura, TOOL, Ensiferum, Månegarm, and so on and so forth.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Jan 28 2017
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- 10 to 50
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- Most available:
Influences in bass: TOOL (Justin Chancellor AND Paul D'amour), Primus (Les Claypool), Necrophagist (Stephan Fimmers), Symphony X (Michael Lepond), Infant Annihilator (Eddie Pickard <3), Beyond Creation (Forest AND Hugo Doyon-Karout), Obscura (Linus Klausenitzer), Death (Steve Digiorgio), Antonio Vivaldi, Henry Eccles, Serge Koussevitsky, Giovanni Bottesini, Domenico Dragonetti.
Influences for guitar: TOOL, Mastodon, Gojira,
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Bass Guitar:
- Upright bass:
- Other Percussion:
- Lead Guitar:
- Acoustic Guitar:
(Sadly and disgustingly underwhelming)
- 6 string Ibanez (Mainly tuned in D Standard, or Drop A. High C string is kept as old as possible to give more of a bass-y sound when I play some cello sounding parts, for example "I Want it Now" by Primus).
- 5 string custom made fretless Rouge bass (Also predominantly in D standard, D'addiro FLATwound strings)
- 4 string Yamaha (I have no idea how, but this cheap looking beast can literally do anything and I'm still amazed by it.)
- Random amps? ( I really need to buy some better amps, but hey, they do the job.)
- Amazing 1800's upright bass w/ black horse haired French bow (equally amazing)
Since I started metal a bit later than I started classical music, my electric gear is very much lacking. Once I'm able to find a job and sustain myself with the help of my parents as well because they're oh so loving people, this should be no issue.