Since 1976, I have worked as a professional bassist in a wide range of musical situations, including: “Star” Shows, Musical Book Shows, Lounge & Jazz Bands, Jingle dates, Big Band & Dance Band dates, Club & Wedding dates, Christian service in Street Outreach Ministry, Sunday Morning Church Worship Team, Church Productions with 27 musicians, plus other areas.
Bordentown Regional High School, Bordentown Township, N.J., graduated 1977. Received “Outstanding Instrumentalist” award. Studied privately for four years with outstanding bassist from Philadelphia area - Craig Thomas.
• I currently perform as the traveling Bassist for,
Mr Steve Lawrence and his wife Eydie Gorme.
I have been with them since 2003.
• Bassist for Alex Glover & Company since 2000. A high energy Club date band that performs many kinds of musicial endevors.
• Harrah’s Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, N.J. 1989 to 2000
Showroom Bassist. “Star” policy as well as book shows over the years. “Star” Shows include: Carol Lawrence, Keely Smith, Bobby Vinton, Luci Arnez, Hal Linden, Diane Carol, Boots Randolf, Phyllis Diller, Sherry Lewis & Lambchop, Charlie Callas, Freddie Roman, Mal Z. Lawrence, Luise Du Art, Scott Record, Rip Taylor, Shecky Green, Frank Gorshen, Red Buttons, Juliet Prouse, and many others. Book shows include: Meet me in St. Louis, Little Shop of Horrors, City of Angels, My One and Only, Some Like It Hot, Ziegfeld- a Night at the Follies, Gypsy, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Sugar Babies, Fiddler on the Roof, The Sound of Music, Forever Plaid, Nunsense, Legends in Concert, Guys and Dolls, and many others. Orchestra Leader: Michael Natale (formerly of “The Mike Douglas Show”- Lead Trumpet)
• Trump’s Castle Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, N.J. 1986 to 1988
Showroom Bassist for the production show “City Lites”. The orchestra consisted of 13 instrumentalists. We performed with a click track that contained the back up vocalists. From time to time different “stars” would be presented in the show. The “stars” included: Jim Nabors, Phyllis Diller, Peggy Fleming, Rip Taylor, Steve Martin, Philip Wellford, The Jolly Jovers. Orchestra Leader: George Hernandez
• Trump Plaza Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, N.J. 1984 to 1986
Showroom Bassist. “Star” policy was the format under which I performed my duties on this engagement. “Star” Shows included: The Lennon Sisters, Florence Henderson, Eddy Arnold, Patti Page, Toni Tennille, Debbie Reynolds, Charo, Eddie Rabbitt, Loretta Lynn, Lesley Gore, Danny Thomas, George Kirby, Joel Gray, Rich Little, Yakov Smirnoff, Jerry Van Dyke, Carol Channing, Jerry Vale. Orchestra Leader: Vince Iorio
• Atlantis Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, N.J. 1983 to 1984
Showroom Bassist. “Star” policy was the format under which I performed my duties on this engagement. “Star” Shows included: Sid Caesar, Carol Lawrence, Michel Legrand, Allen & Rossi, Frankie Avalon, Helen Forest, Al Martino, Jerry Vale, Theodore Bikel, Red Buttons, Mel Torme, Lenny Rush. Orchestra Leader: Lin Biviano directing the Michael Pedicin Jr. Orchestra
• Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, N.J. 1982 to 1983
Bassist for Lounge/Showroom. String bassist for Keely Smith, with Mr John Veith conducting and playing piano, for over a year. We also performed in Las Vegas for seven weeks at the Top of the Dunes, in the Dunes Hotel & Casino. I also performed in the main showroom during my time at the Golden Nugget
• Tropicana Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, N.J. 1980 to 1981
Showroom Bassist. Bassist for a production of the musical Can Can that starred Yevon DeCarlo. This show ran for nearly a year and included an orchestra of nine musicians. String bass was used on this engagement. Orchestra Leader: Roger DeLillo (formerly of “The Mike Douglas Show” - Trombonist)
• Other “stars” I have performed with over the years include: Anthony Newly, Bob Hope, Morey Amsterdam, Jack Carter, Billy Eckstine, Ray Anthony Big Band, The Smothers Brothers, Jackie Mason, Connie Francis, Bob Anderson, Glen Miller Orchestra, Foster Brooks, Bobby Rydell, Patti Kim, Leroy Reams, Patti Lupone, George Benson, Tony Orlando & Dawn, Kathy Lee Gifford & Regis Philbin, Blackstone, Charlie Prose, and others.
CHRISTIAN SERVICE AND CHURCH EXPERIENCE:
• My home church from 1984 through 1995 was The Fountain of Life Center (Assembly of God), Burlington, N.J., Paul J. Graban, Pastor. I was the bassist for the Sunday Morning Worship Team for over ten years and helped with the church productions as well. The average Sunday morning congregation numbered about 1,500 people. • I have ministered with Bill and Rene Morris, Carlton Pearson, Larry Dalton, Don Moen, Sam the Sham, and many others. • Ministered at Washington for Jesus with Bill and Rene Morris along with Art Osborn and a 300 voice choir. • Inner-city street ministry in Trenton N.J., Philadelphia, P.A., Newark, N.J., and prison ministry as well. • Ministered with Ron Kenoly at The Fountain of Life Center in March of 1995.
• In 1996 my home church became Christian Life Center (Assembly of God), Bensalem, PA., David A. Cawston, Pastor; Jon Cawston, Music and Fine Arts Pastor. • Sunday Morning Worship Team • Contract local union musicians for church productions •
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Jan 22 2007
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 6-7 nights a week
- Most available:
All kinds of great music that gives joy and value to our lives and souls!