SEEKINGBand to Join.
I have been a passionate musician since I started on drums in 1959 when I was 11 years old. Mom thought the drums were too loud so she made me take guitar lessons not realizing that guitars came with AMPLIFIERS!!! I played out with numerous bands during the 60’s and early 70’s in and around my native Brooklyn, NY. Then came marriage…and kids…and jobs… In 2000, I picked up the bass guitar after hearing too many bass lines in my head. When medication didn’t help, it became my primary instrument.
Since then, I have been a 5-time master class student at The National Guitar Workshop and played at the famous Bitter End in Greenwich Village twice and in numerous clubs in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut. In 2004, I founded and led a 13-piece (FIVE HORNS) blues band in New Jersey for seven years with my daughter Kate as the lead vocalist…err…INCREDIBLE lead vocalist, for the first four of those years.
I moved to Texas in 2010 after the job market in Jersey completely evaporated. When you get laid off and there are no jobs, you go where the money is. Musically, I was working with a GREAT blues band out of Weatherford/Springtown for a year...everyone a lifelong musician with a passion for playing. No drugs, no crap. We just loved playing together. Unfortunately, our drummer passed away in December of '13 (cirrhosis), plus our #2 guitarist and vocalist left to start an individual project. Couldn't find replacements so the lead guitarist went back to writing. Another band between '14 and '15 did not work out.
Ended up playing for a short time with a fantastic psychedelic rock band out here. Everything from Post-Fab 4 Beatles, Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd and others of that era (keyboard guy also played sax and flute plus all the familiar sound effects were sampled). Then I had my knee replaced in March of 2016 and was literally unconscious for months...had to drop out. Then spine fusion in March 2017 has kept me off stage...really want to get back to this by the end of '17.
In real life, I hold a Master’s degree in City and Regional Planning (computers and statistics) and have been in IT for over 47 years. I am currently a full-time certified Business Process Architect in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I have also qualified for Medicare for more years than I want to count.
I'm a blues and blues/rock bassist at heart and would love to join another band in the west Fort Worth area. You'll get a great bassist and lead/harmony vocalist all in one neat package. Practice once a week; gig 2-3 times a month. No drugs, no alcohol (especially at gigs), and NO EGO! I'm just the bass player supporting someone else's vision of their band. I did my "vision thing" with my big horn band; don't want to herd cats again. Really miss playing...contact me... You can call me at six eight two - 888 - three eight one eight.
Music Note: All three songs were recorded LIVE with no corrections or overdubbing. Performed in March of 2010 for a live blues radio show in New York City.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Dec 21 2010
- Active within 24 hours
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
- Most available:
The voices in my head...
- Bass Guitar:
- Background Singer:
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Upright bass:
- Acoustic Guitar:
- Fernandez Gravity 4, fretted, EMG active, Schaller tuners, black body, black Fender Nylon Tapewound strings
- OLP Stingray 5, fretted, passive, black body, DR Black Beauty strings
- Dean Edge 4, unlined fretless, active, black body, neck, head and hardware, black RotoSound 88 nylons...Stealth Bass
- Ergo EUB-4, 60" unlined walnut upright double bass neck on a tripod, piezo w/preamp, Correlli Orchestral strings. That old, do-wop 50's sound.
- Hartke HA7000 bi-amped 700W head or
- Ampeg B4R (1,350W mono-bridged) monster with...
- Seismic 4x6, 2x10 and 1x15 cabinets, 1x12 bass monitor
- Ampeg 200W Micro-VR head with Ampeg SVT-210AV cabinet (for smaller venues)
- Fully populated Modtone Pedal Board (distortion, phaser, chorus, octaver, slapback with Loop Master true bypass looper)
- Sennheiser and Audio Technica wireless guitar systems, racked
- Samson power conditioner, racked
Audix OM-7 dynamic (great high-gain, zero feedback mic)
- 2005 Epiphone Dot (ES-335), semi-solid, black / Vox AD50VT Valvetronix 50W amp
- 1983 Ovation Legend Cutaway acoustic-electric, black / Behringer V-Tone GM110 30W modeling amp
All pro equipment plus reliable transportation.
Hey Bartender Track number: 4 Year: 2010 Genre: Blues
The BassBoards featuring John on vocals, LIVE TRACK, live studio performance for blues radio show in NYC, March, 2010
Sweet Home Chicago
Sweet Home Chicago Year: 2010 Genre: Blues
Flip, Flop and Fly
Flip, Flop and Fly Year: 2010 Genre: Blues