SEEKINGVocalist, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - Soprano, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Keyboard, Piano, Background Singer, Vocalist - Alto.
The Musicians leads out in Worship services by utilizing the powerful gift of musical and instrument ability and skill. Responsible for serving as the modern day temple priest who set themselves apart solely for the responsibility of bringing glory and honor to God through the creative and collaborative power of music.
• Must have a personal and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, and an evident desire to be in His presence continually.
• Must have significant musical and worship experiences with a strong knowledge of the spiritual disciplines.
• Must have a strong familiarity with Gospel music, including urban, contemporary, and traditional gospel, and willingness to crossover into various worship music styles.
• Must demonstrate ability to be lead, teachable, and a willingness to submit your whole self to community and accountability.
• Must demonstrate a natural gift and talent in instrument proficiency, which will be established by an audition testing knowledge of basic rudiments and/or chord progressions, and ability to follow the musical, emotional, and spiritual direction of songs.
• Must be able to accomplish assigned projects through other ministry leaders; utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
• Must be available 6-8 hours a week in order to commit to ministry.
• Prepares mentally, spiritually, and physically each week for Sunday worship by initiating regular practices and habits of the spiritual disciplines; which include bible study, consecration and solitude, prayer and fasting, individual worship, etc.
• Assists and supports the leadership in worship strategy initiatives, ministry events, outreach opportunities, and ministry related projects as assigned by Director of Worship.
• Invests time into understanding the theme, plans, and desired outcomes of each weekly Worship Service.
• Attends weekly rehearsal to learn material, receive ongoing training, and fellowship with ministry team.
• Completes various academic and spiritual assignments during personal time that will further understanding of the worship ministry, and challenge the character needed to work in the ministry.
• Perfects instrument gift/talent and musician calling by developing a personal library of growth resources, and participates in quarterly evaluations by Director of Worship.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Jun 07 2008
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years together:
- Gigs played:
- 50 to 100
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
- 36 years
Judith McAllister, Israel Houghton, Donnie McClurkin, Fred Hammond, Chris Tomlin, Shane & Shane, Thrid Day, Marvin Sapp, and many more
Members Of Band
Looking to build a gospel church band.