SEEKINGBand to Join.
Bryan Cooper is a versatile musician, primarily playing drums, cajon, and percussion in the South Jersey/Philadelphia market. Often described as being a solid "in-the-pocket" drummer, who appreciates the dynamics of the music he is playing, "Coop" has performed with many rock, blues, folk and jazz ensembles, acoustic artists, marching corps, orchestras, and theatrical workshops. Bryan also dabbles on electric bass, rhythm guitar, and keyboard, and has even penned a few original songs. He is also experienced in live audio, sound-cueing, recording, and stage lighting.
He has been playing drums since the age of 12, and has played professionally, part-time, since 2006.
Seeking opportunities, fill-in, short-term, or long-term in a band or duo/trio format, covers and/or originals.
CAN READ CHARTS.
More info at BryanCooperMusic -dot- com
BryanCooperMusic -at- com cast -dot- net
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Mar 18 2010
- Active within 1 week
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- Most available:
Initially trained under jazz/session drummer Dan Kish in NYC. Playing all varieties of music including Contemporary Rock, Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Blues, Americana/Folk, Swing, Musical Theater
My drumming influences come from various styles, including:
* N.D. Smart (w/Leslie West)
* Corky Laing (w/Mountain)
* Ed Shaughnessy (Tonight Show Orchestra w/Doc Severinson)
* Ray Cooper (everybody's drummer and percussionist)
* Buddy Rich (legend)
* Top Secret Drum Corps
- Other Percussion:
- Bass Guitar:
- Background Singer:
- Performance kit - 2006 Ludwig Custom CS 5pc
- Performance kit - 1968 Ludwig Jazz Festival WMP 4 pc
- Practice/Performance Kit - 2018 Roland TD25K-V e-drums
- Full cymbal assortment (Zildjian, Sabian, Paiste)
- Hand drums - cajon (box drum), bongo cajon, djembe, congas (2)
- Mini-timbales (can be mounted on either kit)
- Assorted hand-percussion
- Full drum mic set (Shure PG Series)