SEEKINGVocalist - Alto, Background Singer, Vocalist - Soprano, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - Baritone, Vocalist.
1. "No Kiss" (2006) This was a scratch track that was recorded in Houston at the Destiny's Child studios. I did everything except the bass/lyrics and vocals and the solo work was all adlibbed. We had a lot of great response from this and the very next day it was sitting on Mathew Knowels' (Beyounce's Father)desk and it got his approval that day to be sent to New York. New York gave it the OK and sent it to London the HQ for Santuary Records (The Largest Record Label in the World). Sanctuary called Houston about 4 or 5 days later and said "We want these guys but we need a band photo and bio ASAP!" We didn't even have a band so I got one together in 2 days and sent them what I could but that was the last we heard anything. Oh Well, it was exciting anyway.
2. "Throwed" (2006) This was my last band during practice. I do the intro and the last solo in this song.
3. "Live Again" (2003) This song was about 2 days old when this was recorded. We were just happy to make it to the end without crashing and burning.
4. "A Simpler Time" (2006)This is a song that I wrote before the band was together but I didn't play any lead in this one.
Just want to find a group of people to write and record with. I want a finished product that can be marketed.
Not interested in gigging all the time. I'm married with 2 kids and the family comes first. I want to have fun and be able to make music that I'm proud of.
I want to start meeting some musicians in the area even though I don't have much time right now. We still have to go back and get our old house sold then find another one around here. If you might be interested in jamming some time email me at harmonics1968.dot and put BandMix in the subject line so you don't get deleted. You can also email me at /cary_smith
- Screen name:
- Cary Smith
- Member since:
- Nov 18 2007
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- 10 to 50
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- Most available:
I have a wide range of influences being the youngest of 11 kids. My parents were strictly classic country, bluegrass and gospel but with all the brothers and sisters in the house I heard a little bit of everything. I've always tried to be a more versatile guitar player then trying to master one style.
Here is a list of bands that have influenced me one way or another over the past 25 years.
Three Days Grace
Creedance Clearwater Revival
Alice in Chains
The Black Crowes
The Rolling Stones
Three Dog Night
Frank Marino & Mohogany Rush
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Faith No More
The Foo Fighters
Tommy James & the Shondells
Little River Band
Nine Inch Nails
Stone Temple Pilots
Electric Light Orchestra
Marry Poppins - Just seeing if you were paying attention. LOL
95% of those bands I don't really listen to anymore and I never thought the day would come that I would actually change the radio station if I heard it come on. I really don't care to hear "Tush" or "Sweet Home Alabama" everyday anymore though.
Washburn MG-40 (Blue)
Washburn MG-40 (Natural)
Takamine - EG560 C
Gretch Synchromatic Jet JR II
Yamaha Bass - model #?
? - Electric Violin
Yamaha DG-80 Digital Amp
Yamaha S112 extension cabinet
Yamaha MFC10 Midi Foot Cont.
Peavey Basic 112 Bass Amp
Yamaha DGX-500 Keys
x2 Peavey Wedge Monitors
Marshall 9005 2x50 Power Amp.
Digitech 2112 Processor
Digitech Control 1 Ft Cont.
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss SC-3 Sustainer
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Theremin - homemade
Piano - Brand name - I forgot
Line 6 - POD V 2.0
Danelectro - Free Speech pedal
Alesis - Air FX
Crybaby - Wah
Morley - Wah
10 SP. SKB case
M-Audio BX8 Studio Monitors
Infinity SM150 Studio Monitors
McIntosh MC-2505 Power Amp
DBX 118 Dynamic Range Enhancer
ART 351 31 Band EQ
Rackmount Power Supply ?
Misc stands/mics and cases
Misc Guitars not worth mentioning
I know there's more but I can't think of it now. I buy and sell stuff here and there too so it can change quite a bit.
No Kiss Track number: 1 Year: 2006 Album: N/A Genre: Alternative
All the lead work I did in this song was adlibbed except for the 30 sec. intro. It's just a scratch track though.
A Simpler Time
A Simpler Time Year: 2006 Genre: Southern Rock
This is a song that I wrote but didn't play any lead in this one.
Live Again Year: 2003 Album: Live at Cardi's 2000 Houston, Tx. Genre: Alternative
This song was about 2 days old when this was recorded. We were just happy to make it to the end without crashing and burning.
Throwed Year: 2006 Genre: Alternative
This was my last band during practice. I do the intro and the last solo in this song.
- In What are the 1st few songs/albums you can remember as a kid? at 01/12/08 11:46:14
- In what are you currently listening too? at 12/12/07 20:51:37
- In Metallica at 12/11/07 02:35:22
- In Anybody ever heard of ... at 12/06/07 11:12:48
- In What are the 1st few songs/albums you can remember as a kid? at 12/06/07 10:35:40
- In Who is the greatest guitarist of all time??? at 12/04/07 02:24:02
- In Who is the greatest guitarist of all time??? at 12/04/07 00:58:13
- In Favorite Guitar Solos at 11/25/07 17:49:09
- In Can You Name An Obscure Band? at 11/25/07 00:37:30
- In New Amp?? at 11/21/07 12:23:33