SEEKINGRhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Keyboard.
Busy, working band looking for experienced keyboardist or guitarist!!!! Music will be rock, country, and originals. Band is currently gigging and usually keeps a fairly busy schedule. Background vocals a plus, but not a deal breaker.
Hate to sound like an arse before we even know each other, but so that we're not wasting your time and your not wasting ours...please see the upfront conditions listed below.
1. I know we all have regular jobs, and lives outside the band which is acceptable, but if you're not going to take playing music serious...i.e. sounding good at shows, giving audience a fun night...then please move on. Most people in the audience don't know you personally, and may never, so they can only judge you on how the band sounds, and the experience they have at a show.
2. I don't know why I have to say this, but for some reason I've found that I do. IF YOUR NOT GOING TO PRACTICE YOUR INSTRUMENT....don't bother contacting. We have a practice night each week, but there needs to be some on your time as well. If you can't physically practice, you can at least listen to the songs and get familiar. With today's technology...there's simply no excuse to not at least listen to the songs.
3. As in #2, we practice each week. Things happen, sure, and that's okay, but you are expected to show up on time MOST practices other than the occasional issue. Our practices will be held in Copiah County. If this it too far for you, then know this before you contact.
4. ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS and NO excessive drinking during a show. We're paid to help others have a good time...not get drunk and can't perform.
5. EVERYONE is expected to help out with loading/unloading equipment (no sitting down with friends while the rest of the band walks past you carrying speakers!!!!). Also, help with promotion, posts on fb pages, etc...is essential. You need to either know, or be willing to learn how to help set up the sound equipment. Too many like to set up their instrument, and then sit on their ass while everyone else does the rest.
6. Know when it's time to play, and not to play. Have had too many lead guitarists who can't seem to make themselves play chords, so each song is a 3-4 minute guitar solo. And on parts of the song they're not supposed to play on, they decide to do it anyway. Not picking on guitarist, because this could be any instrument.If this is you...stay home.
Apologize if I sound like a jerk by those rules, but you'd be amazed at the people who make you posts those rules. We're really fun people who love being together with like minds and making good music while having fun. The people who caused those rules are why we're looking for a member now.
For those still interested after reading that... I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully making good music together. ccunn72 at
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Aug 24 2011
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Years together:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
- 47 years
Too many to list
Band has full PA gear. New member will need their own instrument (of course) and whatever needs/desires that will run from your instrument to the mixing board.