SEEKINGLead Guitar, Bass Guitar, Keyboard.
Vocalist / Bandleader with Drummer partner managing our band. Over a dozen gigs on the calendar for 2020 already with more to come.
We are currently looking for a LEAD GUITAR, BASS and KEYS players as permanent members.
(We already have a roster of fantastic hired guns that we've been gigging with for 3 years, think: wedding band level players or house band members for regular ongoing gigs) that we'll continue using until we find players that are the right fit.
In 2020, we've moved to a PARTY/EVENT band format that will do covers of: Rock, Blues, Funk, R&B, Classic Oldies, Dance, Country and Hard Rock. Emphasis on 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's with fewer selections from 50's or 2000-present.
Questions for you, if interested:
1. Are you already familiar with this repertoire?
2. Are you an advanced, committed player? (read music, know how to transpose, can read it down while playing if necessary, can easily do creative soloing over the changes in the chart and do nuanced counterpoint)
3. Do you have at least 5 years experience gigging with a band? Recently?
4. Are you open minded about music and repertoire? If you're just as happy playing Amy Winehouse as you are AC/DC, followed by KC and the Sunshine Band, and then the Ramones you're on the right track.
5. Can you commit to a once a week, 3 hour rehearsal (likely to be Sunday mornings)? A note about rehearsals: we will rehearse until we have at least a 100 song repertoire and can do 5 hours worth of medleys for advanced-level events like corporate events, demanding weddings, etc. In other words, plan to rehearse together, after doing your own practice at home.
6. Do you sing? Lead? Back-up? Can you harmonize?
If you answered yes to the 6 questions above, I'd love to talk to you.
It's a serious commitment to make the time for a band project, please be ready for the work needed for all of us to be successful.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Mar 10 2017
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- Most available:
I have a wide appreciation of musicians and singers across several genres. The exhaustive list is too long. A few: CCR, Beatles, Santana, Justin Timberlake, Steely Dan, Johnny Cash, AC/DC, Delbert McClinton, Bo Diddley, Bruno Mars, Chuck Berry, Elvis, Steve Miller Band, Blondie, Billy Joel, Bad Company, Bob Seeger, Bon Jovi, The Meters, Dr. John, KC and the Sunshine Band, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Grand Funk Railroad, Three Dog Night, Blues Bros., Amy Winehouse, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Etta James, Aretha, Joe Cocker, Nirvana, The Ramones, Green Day, Oasis, Sound Garden, REM, Talking Heads, and many more.
- Background Singer:
- Other Percussion:
PA, mic, mic stand, monitor, cables, percussion instruments.