SEEKINGVocalist, Vocalist - Bass, Vocalist - Baritone, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - Soprano, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Other Percussion, Violin, Trumpet, Saxophone, Keyboard, Piano, Background Singer, Harmonica, Flute, Other, Banjo, Mandolin, Fiddle, Dobro, Vocalist - Alto, Trombone, Bagpipes, Steel guitar, Upright bass, Cello, Accordion, Ukulele, DJ, Electronic Music.
Unique, reliable, professional Los Angeles drummer helping others with great, creative, precise drumming and exceptional live shows; Ryan has been playing drums his entire life and professionally for many years, graduated from Arizona State University with a Business Marketing Degree and experienced in performing drum corps, studied percussion most of his early life and continually self-taught thereafter, he independently moved to Los Angeles dedicated to his drumming career.
RYAN GIO PROUDLY ENDORSES
Electro-Voice (electrovoice), Gator Cases (gatorcases), Kelly SHU Bass Drum Microphone Shock Mounts (kellyshu), American Recorder Technologies (americanrecorder), Axis Percussion (axispercussion), KickPort Bass Drum Enhancers (kickport), Cympad Cymbal Washers (cympad), Earasers Hi-Fi Earplugs (earasers), Sony Creative Software (sonycreativesoftware), Wornstar Clothing (wornstar), Drum Wallet Muffling Devices (thedrumwallet), Duratech Drumsticks (playersmusic), Rock-n-Roll GangStar Apparel (rocknrollgangstar), Rock-n-Roller Multi-Carts (rocknrollercart), Black Widow Drum Webs (blackwidowdrumweb), CruzTools (cruztools), Ear Filters Hearing Protection (earfilters), Snareweight Drum Dampeners (snareweight), CAD Audio (cadaudio), Supernatural Cymbals
Easy to work with positive musician featured on Pandora Radio and in many national and worldwide publications including DRUM! Magazine with great references from happy and satisfied record producers, recording engineers, movie directors, labels, studios, music industry executives, churches, music directors, bands and musicians from all genres and styles of music!
Ryan Gio is a professional drummer who is committed to exceptional live shows and precise timing. He has been drumming his entire life and will continue to do so, in the best manner possible, until the day he dies.
Although not inclusive, he specializes in Rock, Pop, Metal, Funk and Punk. His undeniable talent and severe energy on stage has been rapidly increasing his fan base and success since he moved to Los Angeles in 2010 after earning a Business Marketing Degree from Arizona State University.
With determination to find committed musicians, Ryan moved from AZ to L.A. and was immediately recognized for his skill getting work in recording studios, rehearsal sessions, tour placements and live concerts within days of his transfer. His band's STEREO SCENARIO music featuring his drumming is now streaming worldwide on Pandora Radio and recently added to the very selective, elite artist roster awarding them their own unique channel station!
Ryan Gio is a frequent performer in Hollywood’s most famous venues such as the Whisky A Go Go, Viper Room, Roxy Theatre, and now closed Key Club and Knitting Factory sharing that stage with LA Guns. He manages time to create music videos with signed upcoming bands and works with world class record producers and movie directors such as producer Skip Saylor for LA Velvet’s “I Get Away With Murder” video and director JJ Huckin in LA Velvet’s music video “Here in Hollywood.” He worked with producer Ryan Greene recording Sex In Public’s self titled album and while working with Edge Of Paradise, he recorded with producers Bob Kulick and Brett Chassen at their Office Studios that was later mixed and mastered by Michael Wagener.
Ryan has been published in many international magazines including DRUM! Magazine as featured “New Blood” Artist in March 2014 stating “..,Gio’s powerful chops-filled playing is driving each of these acts.” He has been printed on the front cover of Lost Anarchy Magazine, pictured in two different band articles in Tattoo Magazine, and favorably reviewed in Music Connection Magazine for a Whisky A Go Go performance describing him as being “Particularly fun to observe...” He showcased on tour with LA Velvet at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, UT and received the award “Hard Rock Band of the Year” with Dead Legend at the 22nd Annual Los Angeles Music Awards. Touring full time to Austin, TX for the 2012 and 2013 SXSW Music Festivals, he has opened for many well-known musical artists including drummer Kenny Aronoff at the Texas Music Rockfest.
Some of Ryan’s top drumming influences include; John Bonham of Led Zeppelin for his tasteful feel and groove, Danny Carey of Tool for his intricate technicality and power, Travis Barker of Blink 182 for his punk rock creativity, and Tommy Lee of Mötley Crüe for his extravagant stage presence and big show. All these characteristics he incorporates within his own drumming.
Ryan Gio received his toy drum set complete with kick, snare, rack tom, and plastic cymbal on his first birthday and in 3rd grade scored his first “real” acoustic drum kit. Being extraordinarily talented at a young age, as first chair percussionist, he was utilized in 6th grade by a different school to substitute for their entire percussion section who called out sick for that night’s band concert with his own personal drum set! Spectacularly, the gig went smoothly and was only the beginning to Ryan creating a name for himself.
During Jr. High, Ryan began playing in rock bands of his own and in 8th grade won the school’s talent show. That same year he earned the award in Advanced Jazz Band as the “Most Valuable Player.” Being the first Gilbert High School freshman ever selected to begin on snare drum on the Varsity Drumline, he developed his rigorous rudiment skills and impeccable metronome timing. With his involvement in Drumline, Ryan at a young age had the experience of performing in front of over 25,000 people at Cricket Pavilion in Phoenix while opening for the well known band TOOL in 2001. He is continually sought after for his outstanding energy and brilliant stage presence which makes his drum performances one of a kind. Come to his next show and see what all the hype is about!
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Feb 11 2006
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years together:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- 33 years
John Bonham, Danny Carey, Travis Barker, Tommy Lee
Members Of Band
DW Drum Workshop Collector’s Series Exotic Curly Maple Drums in Classic Burst with 24 Karat Gold Hardware – F.A.S.T. Sized Suspension Mounted Toms 8”x10”, 9”x12”, 11”x14”, 13”x16” with matching virgin F.A.S.T. Sized 18”x22” Bass Drum
DW Drum Workshop Craviotto Solid 1-Ply Maple Snare Drum in Natural Lacquer with 24 Karat Gold Hardware - 6.5”x14”
Noble & Cooley Metal Alloy Snare Drum in Black with Black Hardware - 4.75”x14”
Complete Set of Gator Protechtor Percussion Elite Air Tour Drum, Cymbal, and Hardware Cases in Bright Orange
Tama HT741 Heavy-Duty Ergo-Rider Quartet with Adjustable Foldable Backrest and HT25 Medium-Duty Drum Thrones
Durawood and Duratech 2B Sticks in all available colors including Neon Green, Blue, Orange, Yellow, White, Red, and Neon Pink
BOSS DB-90 Dr. Beat Digital Metronome with Cymbal Arm Attachment Piece and Sound Percussion Light-Duty Chrome Straight Cymbal Stand
Supernaturals Prodigy Pro Cymbals - 8” Splash, 14” Hi-Hats, 18” China, 19” & 20” Aura Crashs, 21” Ride with matching Cympad Cymbal Washers
Ear Filters Hearing Protection, High Output Compact Stage Fans, Recording Studio Cables, Mic Stands, Connectors, Headphones, and Accessories
Westone ES5 Custom In-Ear Monitors with separate Volume Control, Adapters, Splitters, and Extenders for use with backing tracks and monitoring
Sony Creative Software Vegas Pro 13 Suite video and sound editing software
(2) EV Electro-Voice ELX112P Live X Series Active 12” 1,000 Watt Two-Way Powered Loudspeakers
(2) EV Electro-Voice ASP-1 Height Adjustable Black Powder-Coated Steel Speaker Stand Poles
(2) EV Electro-Voice ELX118P Live X Series Active 18” 700 Watt Powered Subwoofers
(1) EV Electro-Voice N/D868 Dynamic Cardioid Kick Drum Microphone
(4) EV Electro-Voice N/D468 Dynamic Supercardioid Instrument (Tom) Microphones
(2) EV Electro-Voice N/D478 Dynamic Cardioid Instrument (Snare) & Amplifier Microphones
(1) Kelly SHU Pro Premium Aluminum Kick Drum Microphone Shock Mount System
(4) DW Drum Workshop 9700 Heavy-Duty Chrome Straight/Boom Cymbal Stands
(2) DW Drum Workshop 9900 Heavy-Duty Chrome Double Tom Stands
(1) DW Drum Workshop 9300 Heavy-Duty Chrome Snare Drum Stand
(1) DW Drum Workshop SM505 Drop-Lock Hi-Hat Clutch
(1) DW Drum Workshop 9002PC Right Footed Double Bass Drum Pedal
(1) DW Drum Workshop SM799 Chrome Dog Bone Clamp with Chrome Boom Cymbal Arm
(1) PDP Pacific Drums & Percussion SS800 Medium-Duty Chrome Snare Drum Stand
(1) KickPort Bass Drum Acoustics Maximizer in Gold
(1) Tama Iron Cobra Lever Glide Hi-Hat Stand
(2) Drum Wallet Drum Muffling Devices
(2) Earasers Hi-Fi Musician’s Earplugs
(1) Axis Percussion Universal Drive Shaft
(1) CAD Audio Sessions MH510CR Headphones
(1) Black Widow Drum Web Anti-Slip Drum Mat
(1) Shure SM57 Dynamic Cardioid Instrument Microphone
(1) Shure BETA 57A High Output Supercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone
(1) Shure SE215 Sound Isolating™ In-Ear Monitor Dynamic Microdriver Earphones in Clear
(1) Snareweight #2 Magnetic Brass Drum Dampener with Removable Leather Insert and Side Screw
(1) American Recorder Technologies, Inc. Smart Phone Bracket on ¼” Ball Mount with 18” Pole Mount Gooseneck
(1) American Recorder Technologies, Inc. Drumsetter Interlocking Drum Rug - 6ft x 4ft
(1) American Recorder Technologies, Inc. Drummer’s Wrench Multi-Tool
(1) CruzTools GrooveTech T-Handle High Torque Extended Drum Key
(1) CruzTools GrooveTech Drum Multi-Tool
(5) Audimute Black Sound Absorption Sheets
(1) LP Latin Percussion Travis Barker Ridge Rider Cowbell in White
(1) Auralex Acoustic Sound Absorption Foam Treated Rehearsal Space
(1) United States of America International Touring Passport with Expiration 2017
(1) Trick Drums Liquid Carnauba Wax Spray Bottled Drum Polish and Replacement Snare Cords
(1) Auxiliary Percussion Stick Bag with Regal Tip 583R Retractable Wire Brushes, Liverpool Nylon Brushes, Vater Whips, Pro-Mark Hot Rods, Liverpool dark Hot-pop
Rods, Vic Firth Rute, Dreadlock, Timpani Mallets, and Marching Drumsticks, Yamaha Model 12 multipurpose rubber and hard wooden striker, maple drumsticks,
Zildjian Artist Series Travis Barker stick/mallets, wood maracas, tambourine, LP Latin Percussion Red Jam Block and green Toca shaker egg