SEEKINGKeyboard, Drums, Other.
Identity Crises Inc. is a living musical project stylistically focused on modern rock and jazz with overtones of soul, folk, blues, R&B, and the occasional bossa nova or reggae tune thrown in for kicks. You can find us on:
* : ://.bit.ly/1owcno
* : ://./idcinc
* : ://./idcinc
****** IMPORTANT NOTE: DRUMMER WANTED!!! ******
We have recently recorded our first e.p. and are looking to re-establish our roots in the Chicago music scene following stints on both coasts. For this reason, we are aggressively searching for a permanent drummer to join the team while booking a series of shows for the fall. Past performances include music festival, club, and coffee house appearances in the Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Kansas City metropolitan areas.
Drummers who have had the best experience with us tend to enjoy a broad variety of music and harmonize with the hardworking but fun-loving ethos of the band. Identity Crises Inc. draws inspiration from an exceptionally wide stylistic spectrum while crafting its own, unique sound. Hence, it is critical for prospective members to possess an open minded yet well studied approach to music making. Accordingly, past successful drummers have typically admired percussionists in both the rock and jazz genres, spanning a continuum that might include John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Jimmy Chaimberlin, Carter Beauford, Billy Cobham, Tony Williams, Jack DeJohnette, and Steve Gadd.
If you are a percussionist who fits the above description, if you are looking for the opportunity to join a musical project that won't take over your life but also possesses the potential for significant growth over time, this may be the perfect band for you. If interested, please drop us a line at <identity.crises.inc_dot_com>, replacing "_dot_com" with appropriate symbol-age, and we'll get back in touch with you about the process of candidating to be our new drummer. For more information, please see below, and
Jacob S. Heiss
*** BAND F.A.Q. ***
Years Band Has Been Active: 4
Primary Location: Chicago, IL
Primary Genres: Rock, jazz, roots, world
- Immediate: Finalize roster for Chicago and expand upon current fan-base to the extent that the self-release of first e.p. is sufficiently motivated.
- One Year From Today: Independently release first e.p. and perform at least 40 times while continuing to build fan-base. Release first full-length album (currently in lead overdub stage) either independently or with a reputable label. Expand performances beyond the Chicago area to nearby locales, such as Milwaukee, Minneapolis, and Indianapolis.
- Long Term: Effectively, profitably and sustainably disseminate music world-wide.
NON-NEGOTIABLE QUALIFICATIONS FOR A PROSPECTIVE DRUMMER
- Genuine, well-studied love of music encompassing a variety of genres
- Demonstrable percussive skill in at least rock and jazz
- Solid work ethic, "good energy"
- Gregarious, cheerful personality with an adventurous, entrepreneurial streak
- Own or possess essentially unlimited access to a quality drum kit
- Access to reliable transportation
- Not an alcoholic, drug free
- In school, employed, or seeking consistent employment; note that the band cannot currently serve as your sole source of income
- Ability to commit to project during at least two blocks of time per week (e.g. two evenings, one evening and one afternoon, etc.) for at least one calendar year to start
- Way of life not in conflict with a Judeo-Christian perspective (e.g., you do not necessarily have to be a Christian, but you could not be an Odinist)
ADDITIONAL, IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 21+ years old
- 2+ years of live playing and/or recording experience
- Multi-instrumentalist, particularly including non-kit percussion, e.g. conga, djembe, etc.
- Facility with polyrhythmic, world music styling , e.g. Latin and Arabic musical forms
- Demonstrable capacity for friendship and networking with musicians and non-musicians alike
- Possess non-musical skills complimentary to a group-based, musical endeavor, e.g. audio engineering, instrument tech, graphic design, photography, publicity experience, etc.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Dec 23 2008
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Years together:
- Gigs played:
- Under 10
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
- 42 years
Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Wagner, Rachmananoff, Debussy, Ravel, Heitor Villa-Lobos, Aaron Copland, Django Reinhardt, Wes Montgomery, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Johnny Cash, João Gilberto, Astrud Gilberto, Herbie Hancock, Bob Dylan, Chick Corea, John McLaughlin, Jimmy Hendrix, Joni Mitchell, Bob Marley, Keith Jarrett, Tony Williams, The Beatles, Nick Drake, Stevie Wonder, The Mahavishnu Orchestra, Led Zepplin, Resurrection Band, U2, Sting, Björk, Wynton Marsalis, Fred Hammond, Radiohead, The Smashing Pumpkins, Believer, Living Sacrifice, Opeth, Nirvana, Red House Painters, Blonde Redhead, Jeff Buckley, Jeremy Enigk, Weezer, Sigur Rós, Pedro The Lion, Starmarket, Low, Jay-Z, Belle and Sebastian, Daft Punk, The Appleseed Cast, Death Cab For Cutie, Unwed Sailor, My Morning Jacket, Rufus Wainwright, The Skull, Iron and Wine, The Postal Service, Kanye West, and Mark E. Donnell. (Yep, all those people.)
Members Of Band
+++ Standing Memebers
* Jacob Heiss (Chicago, IL) - lead and backing vocals, lead and rhythm guitar, harmonica, etc.
* Richelle Sowers (Clearwater, FL) - lead and backing vocals, trumpet
* Alberto Alfaro (Chicago, IL) - electric bass
+++ Previous rosters have also included (in reverse order of participation):
* Juan Pablo - percussion
* David Baumgartner - violin
* Marcel Jones - percussion
* Ian Rawson - cello
* Tigran Nersissian - acoustic bass
* Stu Heiss- lead guitar
* Eddie Tucker - keyboards
* Tony Velasquez - percussion
* Rob Bowen - percussion
* Justin Cowart - cello
* Ryan D. Howard - keyboards
* James Ward - acoustic & electric bass
* Brian Roemen - percussion
Sisters Demo Genre: Alternative
Probably as close as we'll get to pop, lyrics influenced by Death Cab for Cutie and Dave Bazan.
Good example of our interest in bouncing between 7:4 4:4, composition influenced by Santana and The Police, among others.
More of the Man Demo
More of the Man Demo
Good example of one of our ballads, influenced by a variety of folks but no one lead artists.
Illustration of our "modal," world, and orchestral interests; believe it or not, the lead influences for this song are Opeth and klezmer in general.
Farewell and Goodnight Demo
Farewell and Goodnight Demo
Example of how we play around with occasional covers, this one drawn from the last track of The Smashing Pumpkins "Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness."