SEEKINGVocalist - Tenor, Rhythm Guitar, Bass Guitar, Keyboard.
So here goes my thought pattern so far, with the understanding that ANY of this is open to change at the behest of the band.
1. Name: Everyday Losers
2. Main Gig: Playing one set (10 songs) of powerful message rock (covering bands like WeAsHuman, Red, Disciple, Jeremy Camp, Switchfoot, DC Talk, Above Only, etc.) for Christian youth group meetings. Followed up with some time of fellowship, like pizza.
3. Frequency of Gig: no more than once per month (Des Moines area)
4. Frequency of practice: no more than once per month until the music/set is down.
5. Amount of pay per gig : zip, zilch, nada
6. Main method of message: affective overhead visuals (which many times probably will not contain the lyrics). Why? this is to be a sit, listen, think, watch ministry. They can of course sing if they want, but not the point of the ministry, and don't want teens feeling pressure to sing.
7. New Material? : We put together absolutely current / new music (hopefully the teens have heard on 99.5, etc.) and then don't change it for at least a year. Part of the reason is laziness and part of the reason is the choreographed nature of the overhead visuals.
8. Who owns equipment (PA, projector, screen) ? Well, me, unless other people want to get involved in owning equipment.
9. Instrumentation: (2) Guitarists (have one, planning on him taking some/most "leads"), (1) bass player, (1) drummer (me), (1) vocalist (with support from other band members). A synth player in my dreams.
10. Time frame: As soon as possible
11. Why? (A) teens need some balance to the destructive music personalities in secular music (B) I think teens are not musically well served in traditional praise services (C) fellowship afterwards to let kids know that everyone who gives their heart to Christ doesn't have to become a priest or preacher, and that we all have ways to serve Christ in our lives (D) to have fun !
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Jan 02 2013
- Active within 1 month
- Level of commitment:
- Years together:
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- 50 years
WeAsHuman,Red, Jeremy Camp, Pillar, Lifehouse, Disciple, Casting Crowns, Fusebox
Members Of Band
Zach - lead guitar / rhythm guitar
Brad-rhythm, textural guitar
Todd - drums & triggered sounds, etc.
guitars, Roland TD-20 set, Roland Octapad, Korg Poly 800, amplifiers, digital multitracking equip., PA