SEEKINGRhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Drums.
I definitely recommend listening to my songs with real speakers or good headphones, not laptop speakers.
My brother and I are starting a new project and are looking for bandmates. We have gigging experience. Mostly hard rock, but can range anywhere from pop to metal. We both write, have tons of originals, and enjoy doing the right covers, too.
MY BRO: Playing bass. Very good drummer, but with no kit and no practice space.
ME: Lead vocalist and either rhythm guitar or lead, depending on band needs. Can also play keyboard and bass.
PLEASE CONTACT ME IF:
1) You're a good drummer or guitar player. Backing vocals are a big bonus. Talent is important, but it's even more essential for the band to get along, which is easy with us. IF YOU HAVE REHEARSAL SPACE, THAT IS A MAJOR PLUS!
2) You want to play stuff ranging from pop to metal, usually hovering around hard rock. We are heavily influenced by hair bands, grunge, and newer rock. We ultimately want to do 95% originals, but we will probably play a lot of covers to start out.
3) Your wife/girlfriend/goldfish is okay (imagine proud?) about you being in a band, rehearsing, and won't forbid you to do it eventually. This is really important!!
4) You like the idea of gigging more than once per month when the band is ready. Ask yourself right now if you will be too tired to make good money doing something you love.
5) You can give and take constructive criticism without fear of the band dissolving. Taking things too personally and not voicing your opinion are recipes for disaster.
6) You don't smoke tobacco. No offense to anyone, and I mean that. I realize we will gig where people smoke at times, but I prefer not to be around it otherwise.
7) You don't do hard drugs. Again, no offense.
8) You love music, want to have fun, but are also very serious about it. Don't get the wrong vibe from this list, we're actually very laid back and funny, but I'm tired of bands falling apart for stupid reasons and want the right combination finally.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Aug 11 2007
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- 50 to 100
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- Most available:
Hair bands, Grunge, 2000-ish Rock... Another way to put it...
Poison, Nirvana, Disturbed
Def Leppard, Smashing Pumpkins, Sevendust
Cinderella, Pearl Jam, Linkin Park
Journey, Offspring, Jimmy Eat World
... and the occasional Creedence, Kinks, etc.
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Lead Guitar: