I currently play with the "Shades of Gray" band, out of Northern Virginia. (Classic Rock, R&B)
* I play the Electric Bass... It's kinda like an electric guitar, only way cooler!
* You can contact me here: marcgaynor-at-geemail-dotcom
* I've been playing since the 1970s BDE (Before Disco Era).
* I’ve played in all possible venues... from backyards to stadiums.
* I've also played most American genres, except Glam-Rock and Zydeco... oh yeah, and acapella, I don't do acapella (not that there's anything wrong with acapella. I just don't seem to fit in... I'm a Bass Player).
* I've always preferred the stage over the studio.
* Groove Oriented performer.
* Mellow, flexible, grounded personality.
* I've got Pro gear for any venue / upward and downward scalable.
* I've got a full time day job now... just looking to gig evenings/nights/weekends (with a professional sounding band).
* Would love to collaborate on a Steely Dan, or Jamiroquai, tribute band, or just start a cover band to do private/public gigs around the Beltway, or NYC.
* Located in Georgetown, NW DC. and West Side of Manhattan.
* I’m not really 99 years old.
- Screen name:
- Marc Gaynor
- Member since:
- Dec 10 2013
- Active within 1 week
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Most available:
Marc Gaynor, Steely Dan, Stevie Wonder, Weather Report (Jaco), Earth Wind & Fire, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Cab Calloway, Dion Warwick, Linkin Park, Phyllis Hyman, The Funk Brothers, Talvin Singh, Metallica, Tower of Power, Waylon & Willie, Miles Davis, The Eagles, Chaka Kahn, Seal, Diana Krall, Chick Correa, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sting, Angela Bofil, Prince, Yellow Jackets, Jamiroquai, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Journey, Sheila Escovedo, James Brown, Dire Straits, Selenas Quintanilla–Pérez! Mandrill, and you...
- Bass Guitar:
- Alembic, Persuader Bass (4 string) (my preference)
- BC Rich, Eagle Bass (4 string) (for showy performances)
- Hohner B-Bass VI (6 string, for those who would prefer the Bass Player to sound like a Guitar Player).
- Hartke / Mesa Boogie amps (various configurations).
- Mesa Boogie cabinets (Various)
- Couple of stomp boxes that I don’t use.
- 1 set of big ears (L&R), and a set of IEMs
- Some funky shoes.
- A working watch.
- Other useful stuff.
All About That Bass (Meghan Trainor) R&B Cover
All About That Bass (Meghan Trainor) R&B Cover Track number: 1 Year: 2014 Album: ALL ABOUT THAT BASS Genre: Cover/Tribute
Tightrope (Janelle Monae) R&B cover
Tightrope (Janelle Monae) R&B cover Track number: 1 Year: 2010 Genre: Cover/Tribute
September (Earth Wind & Fire) R&B cover
September (Earth Wind & Fire) R&B cover Track number: 3 Year: 1976 Album: That's the way of the World Genre: Cover/Tribute
Always fun to play
Virtual Insanity (Jamiroquai) Wacky Pop cover
Virtual Insanity (Jamiroquai) Wacky Pop cover Track number: 1 Year: 1996 Album: Travelling Without Moving Genre: Cover/Tribute
Jamming along with Jamiroquai
Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits) Rock cover
Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits) Rock cover Track number: 2 Year: 1978 Album: Sultans of Swing Genre: Cover/Tribute
Give It Away (RHCP) Rock cover
Give It Away (RHCP) Rock cover Track number: 1 Year: 2005 Genre: Cover/Tribute
Gimme 3 Steps (Skynyrd) Rock cover
Gimme 3 Steps (Skynyrd) Rock cover Track number: 1 Year: 1975 Album: Play Freebird Damnit! Genre: Cover/Tribute
Two Princes ( Spin Doctors) Pop cover
Two Princes ( Spin Doctors) Pop cover Track number: 1 Year: 1993 Album: Pocket Full of Kryptonite Genre: Cover/Tribute
Feel Good Inc (Gorillaz) Pop cover
Feel Good Inc (Gorillaz) Pop cover Track number: 5 Year: 2011 Album: Demon Days Genre: Cover/Tribute
Going to a Go Go (Chuck Brown) Go-Go cover
Going to a Go Go (Chuck Brown) Go-Go cover Track number: 1 Year: 2000 Genre: Cover/Tribute
Woke Up This Morning (Alabama 3) Rock/Funk/Jam-session cover
Woke Up This Morning (Alabama 3) Rock/Funk/Jam-session cover Track number: 4 Year: 2004 Album: A3 Genre: Cover/Tribute
Freestyling. Improv. Exploration. Just seeing where it goes...
I Try (Macy Gray) R&B cover
I Try (Macy Gray) R&B cover Track number: 4 Year: 1999 Album: On How Life Is Genre: Cover/Tribute
Aug 24th at The Paradiso - 6124 Franconia Rd, Alexandria,
Sept. 28th at The Electric Palm
12745 Sea Ray Ln, Woodbridge, VA 22192
Aug 3rd at The Alley Cat
2 South Whitting St. Alexandria, VA. 22304
July. 13th at The Mixing Bowl
6531 Backlick Rd
Springfield, VA 22150
June 22nd at Tim's Rivershore
1510 Cherry Hill Rd, Dumfries, VA 22026
(703) 441- 1375
May 18th at The Paradiso
6124 Franconia Rd, Alexandria, VA 22310
Apr. 27th at The Paradiso - 6124 Franconia Rd, Alexandria,
Apr. 7th at The Electric Palm "Battle Of The Bands"