SEEKINGBand to Join, Vocalist, Vocalist - Bass, Vocalist - Baritone, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - Soprano, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Keyboard, Piano, Background Singer, Vocalist - Alto.
Imagine you and me as the high-energy, super engaging frontman duo in a kick-ass original rock band and earning an excellent living performing and releasing masterful recordings of our music. That's my dream. I need only to find the right partner — someone to challenge me as an intellectual and creative rival. Perhaps that's you?
Here's what I believe I bring to the table:
• My songs are good. I've always been a gifted writer, and that's my "bread and butter" if you will. I can write anything from a tried and true pop/rock song to an epic orchestration. I have tons of songs already that are just waiting to be recorded and released — as soon as I get the right group formed, of course. I'm a big believer that a song's melody is the most crucial element. That's not to say chords, rhythm, and lyrics aren't essential, but I feel like if a song's melody is terrible, then it's a bad song. Check out my audio samples and let me know what you think. Haha.
• If I may be so bold, I'm an excellent vocalist. I've been doing it forever, and I have a five-octave range. Not that I ever use that much, go figure. I studied both classical and modern techniques, and I've performed live in tons of different bands and choirs.
• I can track, mix, and master studio-quality recordings. I studied audio engineering in college, and over the last decade, I've continued to grow my studio, expand my knowledge, and refine my process. Again, please check out some of my audio samples!
• I have a ton of experience. I've been a musician my whole life and been lucky enough to have gone on tour, release a few albums, write lots of songs, play all the venues, and collaborate with many types of artists. As a music teacher with over 50 students a week, I'm always playing. All those hours start to add up after a while.
• I can design and build us any website we might imagine. I'm a coding nerd, and I love doing it. The connective potential of the internet is our greatest asset. Let's create a direct-to-fan platform we can be proud of, one that connects us to our fans all over the planet and is free from the influence of record labels and intermediaries.
Here are the things I need help with:
• Social media consistency. If you know what I mean, then you already know how important this is for artists these days. I don't love that it's so crucial because I get so busy with other things, I often fail to prioritize this need. Music is my passion, thus if building a social media following is necessitated to be successful, then I must persevere.
• Videography. Super fun, but I'm only just now getting the hang of it. You-Tube is still the number one platform for music, and having quality video content is an excellent way to stand out amongst the crowd. I have most of the important gear, cameras, lenses, lights, whatever, but it's challenging to set up and direct shots while also being in front of the camera. Another compelling reason for us to work together!
Here is what I'm looking for in you:
• You have to be a good enough singer to sing lead vocals, at least on a few songs. Think about how awesome it would be to have two lead singers. We could have like a Lennon/McCartney thing or a Hoppus/DeLonge vibe. I can almost hear those epic harmonies now! Our live show would be way more engaging that way too, because not only could we trade off vocal lines and take turns singing leads, which makes the music more interesting to listen to and helps our voices stay less fatigued, but it also gives us a somewhat unique angle that other bands lack. Add in some other players who can do some harmonies, and we'll be untouchable! People will eat that sh*t up, I promise.
• You'll have to be able to play an instrument as well, probably guitar or keyboard, and you should be able to play and sing at the same time.
• If you can write songs too, that's a huge plus! I'm great at offering insights and collaborating, but I'm also totally fine with taking direction and playing other writers' songs the way they ask. I understand the importance of performing the appropriate role for every song. I just want us to be great. I will do everything in my power to help you make your songs shine if you return the favor with mine.
• It would help if you were at least somewhat business savvy. A band is a business, after all. You don't need to be a marketing wizard or anything, but you should want to be involved. It's our responsibility equally to be present for studio time, rehearsals, and media shoots, and to be responsive to calls/emails/texts, and to make reasonable efforts to be a contributing part of the team. This is your band too, after all.
Creating music is all I want to do, and it's what I will do, no matter what. If you're reading this and you think we'd make a good team, please reach out. I'm friendly, I promise. You don't have to be "the world's greatest whatever," but if you know you're talented and you have a strong work ethic and a willingness to grow as an artist, then I want to meet you. Join me, and we'll take on the world together.
- Screen name:
- Michael Zeta
- Member since:
- Jan 11 2019
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- Most available:
Blink-182, The Beatles, Foo Fighters, Paramore, Green Day, Yellowcard, Linkin Park, Muse, Regina Spektor, John Williams, The Eagles, Boys Like Girls, Good Charlotte, All Time Low, Panic At The Disco, Coldplay, Gin Blossoms, Goo Goo Dolls, Third Eye Blind, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift (Early career), Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne, A Day To Remember, The Story So Far, Hey Monday, The All-American Rejects, Pierce The Veil, Bullet For My Valentine, Slipknot, Papa Roach, Audioslave, Stone Temple Pilots, Queens Of The Stone Age, Motley Crue, Boston.
- Acoustic Guitar:
- Bass Guitar:
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Lead Guitar:
I have a fully stocked professional recording/rehearsal studio built into the Rockstars Of Tomorrow music school in La Verne. There are plenty of guitars, basses, amps, drums, and microphones to do pull off just about anything we could ever need. Lately, I enjoy using the StudioLive console in combination with Logic Pro X and Studio One. For my personal guitar setup, I prefer my Ibanez guitar through the Boss Katana amp, love that little beast!
Interstellar Love Song
Interstellar Love Song Year: 2019 Genre: Rock
I wrote this song as an analogy to a long distance relationship I was once in. I'm a big fan of science culture so I wanted to throw in some metaphors to the like. It's a simple song, four chords, but I think the melody is good and the lyrics are rather unique. Hope you like it.
Blue Eyes Genre: Pop
A happy little song with a cool a capella intro.
Kelly Come Home
Kelly Come Home Genre: Rock
Larger Than Life
Larger Than Life Genre: Rock
A rock cover of Backstreet Boys' Larger Than Life
Dream Girl Genre: Rock
An original song. Kind of just a simple tune but very fun to play.
The Powerpuff Girls
The Powerpuff Girls Genre: Rock
A pop punk style cover of The Powerpuff Girls' theme song.
Chemistry Genre: Rock
An original song. I've always liked the writing in this song but I think the recording could use an update.
An original acoustic song. Real sad shit here.
Like A Stone
Like A Stone Genre: Rock
A cover of Like A Stone by Audioslave
Moon Song (Sample)
Moon Song (Sample) Genre: Punk
This is just a short sample of the chorus to a song I'm working on.