About me? By day I repair electronics. I used to play bass and sing harmonies in two bands, the original Aaron Stark Band and RockCandy419 but they have both slowed down. Played venues all across the tri-state area, even as far as Quincy, IL. What a great ride it's been; lets keep it going!
Rocked several prior bands, "Welfare Whiskey" (classic rock) and "Five" (80's and 90's rock.) Had an awesome reunion show in 2012 with my highschool band "Lethal Dosage." (Village idiot was great and loved hearing 90's rock again.)
I had some dreams of doing a live 3pc "big beat" thing. I like all kinds of music, and have some technical affinity with tracking and sequencing, which is why I checked "Instruments Played - Other."
Originally played rhythm guitar over two decades ago. Drama ensued, took a long break. Got into the bass 12 years ago and haven't looked back. Having more fun now than ever!
* I am: anti-drama. I'm a peace-maker, not a fighter. No ego.
* I always put in 110%, keep my promises, and arrive on-time.
* I'm not a glitzy "scale-runner", nor a "lazy root-note-only-player." I like to play songs WELL, whatever that takes, and I have a good ear for music. I will learn anything needed, and can usually pickup any tune in seconds.
* When playing covers, I like to nail the album version nuances, including the original key. But improv and "blues in G" are fine too. (ASB tunes down a half-step, I do not; I just re-key everything.)
* Have never played live to a backing track. Dunno how I feel about that, but could give it a shot. Would probably sound great. Studio recording click is fine. Have several pro CD's.
* No stage-fright. Let's play!
* I am very resourceful. I can fix gear. Set-ups, luthier, machining, fabrication, computers, programming -- two college degrees in engineering.
* I'll tip a few beers, but never show up drunk or make a spectacle. Otherwise clean.
If you want to chat, look me up on FaceB00k at
wvw d0t faceb00k d0t c0m / rdtsc
Friends are always welcome, just mention you found me on BandMix please.
- Screen name:
- Mr Jones
- Member since:
- Aug 24 2010
- Active within 1 month
- Level of commitment:
- Moderately Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
- Most available:
I don't believe in "influences", as I'd never try to mimic anyone else. But I enjoy all kinds of music... well, except maybe gangster rap.
As for artists, anyone who is skilled will have my undivided attention.
- Bass Guitar:
- Background Singer:
All pro gear. Also an SWR LA15 100W small-gig combo amp which needed extensive re-engineering. See my FB photos for a laugh (or cry.) (You may have to "friend" me to see much of anything.)