I'm really into everything, trying to listen and learn from a variety of musicians. I listen to a lot of darker, melodic rock, and as much as I like it, I don't want to play it all that much... if that makes sense.
I'm currently (Oct 11) in two bands, a modern rock cover band and a pop-punk/Green Day tribute band. I can find time for session work or jamming, but I'm not looking for any new steady gigs. I don't do "hired gun" fill-ins, either.
Oh, since you have to "pay to play" here, I suppose the intrepid could find me, if they use my screenname in a search engine - it's probably me.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Jul 10 2006
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- Most available:
Geddy Lee, Jaco Pastorius, Les Claypool, Cliff Burton, Victor Wooten, John Myung, pretty much anyone with two hands and 4 strings.
- Bass Guitar:
- Upright bass:
- Acoustic Guitar:
Currently my main bass is a Warwick Corvette $$ 5 string, but in my pop-punk tribute band I'm rocking a beat-up Fender Precision bass. In either case they're running through a regularly-evolving pedalboard (basic stuff - delay, chorus, compressor, fuzz) into a MarkBass Little Mark Tube 800 head, which then goes to one (of two) Avatar BL410 Neo cabs. Light, compact rig with GREAT sound.
- In WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LIKE at 09/19/06 08:29:04
- In Old Timers...Please unite! at 09/10/06 19:04:30
- In Do YOU know 6ths, 7th's, and 9ths? at 09/09/06 22:27:26
- In Old Timers...Please unite! at 09/09/06 10:40:05
- In Do YOU know 6ths, 7th's, and 9ths? at 09/09/06 10:32:18
- In Old Timers...Please unite! at 07/10/06 17:27:20
- In Bassist in east VA looking for instruction at 07/10/06 13:01:05