SEEKINGVocalist, Bass Guitar, Keyboard.
2 EXPERIENCED CLASSIC/ALTERNATIVE ROCK GUITARISTS LOOKING FOR:
2) BASE PLAYER
4) TALENTED SINGER.
We have a great talent for playing and picking songs people love to hear. I know there's no perfect situation but here's what we're looking for:
1) We are looking to play for fun and see what happens, do a little recording of originals and play some local clubs; maybe send send a demo to a couple of labels to
see if there's interest. We'll play great copies 95% of the time (60s,70s,80s,90 and current music) and great originals 5% of the time.
2) We all have full-time daytime jobs so that's priority #1. However, if this leads to some "serious success" then we'll increase our commitment level to match our success level.
3) We'll establish, democratically, an initial jam list of 8-12 songs to practice before we meet to play and see were it goes.
4) I want this to be fun and not too serious. I want to play in a friendly and supportive environment. I like learn from other musicians and for them to learn from me; in this
way we all become better musicians.
5) You need to have some class. If you're hanging out with the "wrong crowd", use "hard drugs" or you're very dysfunctional then move on to the next profile..
6) I prefer to have band practice at a rehearsal studio that's convenietly/centrally located for all band members. Hourly rates are pretty cheap and we have all the equipment we need without having any technical issues;
I have found in my experience that having band practice at a band member's house usually gives that person the false impression that they have a "bigger say" in the band then
everyone else and this has caused some major problems for me in the past. I believe in pure democracy when making band decisions and playing at a rehearsal studio puts
everyone on an "even playing field".
Here's some of my influences but I'm always open to other bands with similiar styles.
Elton John, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, The Cure, Kiss, Niel Young, Thin Lizzy, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Rolling Stones, April Wine, 38 Special, Reo Speedwagon, Foreigner,
Grand Funk Railroad, Cream, Green day, U2, Lenny Kravitz, Ramones, Blue Oyster Cult, Journey, ELO, The Doors, Bryan Adams, Foreigner, INXS, Fleetwood Mack, Rush,
STP, Al Stewart, Bozz Scaggs, Allman Brothers, The Eagles, Foo Fighters, ZZ Top, The Outlaws, Brian Adams, The Ramones, The Cure, Alice in Chains, Atlanta Rythym Section,
Elvis Costello, Bon Jovi and more
If you share my philosophy, style of music and your available then I'd like to hear from you; if not then feel free to forward this info to someone who may be interested, thanks.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- May 06 2006
- Active within 1 month
- Level of commitment:
- Moderately Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- 50 to 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
- Most available:
Hereâ??s some of my influences but Iâ??m always open to other bands with similar styles. I like to play music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and current:
Elton John, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, The Cure, Kiss, Niel Young, Thin Lizzy, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Rolling Stones, April Wine, 38 Special, Reo Speedwagon, Foreigner, Grand Funk Railroad, Cream, Green Day, U2, Lenny Kravitz, Ramones, Blue Oyster Cult, Journey, ELO, The Doors, Bryan Adams, Foreigner, INXS, Fleetwood Mack, Rush, STP, Al Stewart, Bozz Scaggs, Allman Brothers, The Eagles, Foo Fighters, ZZ Top, The Outlaws, Brian Adams, The Ramones, The Cure, Alice in Chains, Atlanta Rythym Section, Elvis Costello, Bon Jovi and more
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Lead Guitar:
- Acoustic Guitar:
- Background Singer:
- 2010 Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100MBL 100 watt all tube head with
- Marshall Classic 60s (4X12) cabinet (My weapon of mass destruction)
- Marshall 1936 (2x12) cabinet
- Marshall DSL 20/40 watt Combo amp with 1 12 inch speaker
- 2009 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro - Cherry Sunburst
-1978 Ibanez PF 230 Les Paul copy
- 412ce Taylor Acoustic
- Boss GT-100 Multiple Guitar Effects pedal.
- Pro-tools for recording