SEEKINGBand to Join.
I'm a former professional blues musician from Chicago where
I worked regularly in many of the most well-respected Chicago blues clubs. I have performed widely with numerous accomplished blues musicians including many of the very legendary figures in Chicago blues - Otis Rush, Magic Slim, Sunnyland Slim, Pinetop Perkins, Hubert Sumlin and others.
My main interest these days is recording and mixing/producing. I have a studio in my house and am starting to really enjoy the recording / mixing / mastering aspects of music.
That said, I'm interested in building a portfolio of tunes that I've mixed and/or mastered and would be interested in hearing from anyone looking for these types of services. If I like your song(s), I would be willing to do a test run for free. If I really like your song(s), I'd probably be willing to do it all for free - this is something I enjoy doing and would be happy to help out someone in need if it seems like the right match.
My ideal situation:
- you have a completed recording that you need mixed / mastered or a previous mix that you're unsatisfied with
- you can provide said recording in a reasonable format that I can work with (preferable a Logic / Garageband project or .WAV stem files)
- if you're open to ideas or have the need, I may be able to add to the recording with some guitar parts or other items that may enhance the final product (keys, bass, etc... but that's entirely up to you)
Please contact me at chriswt68 at gmail
I have samples and references available for anyone interested in learning more.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Nov 19 2013
- Active within 1 week
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Most available:
T-Bone Walker, Freddy King, Albert Collins, Albert King, Big Bill Broonzy, Magic Sam, Magic Slim, Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Louis Jordan, Rev. Gary Davis, Mississppi John Hurt, Blind Blake, Blind Boy Fuller and many, many others...
Lately, I've also concentrated on a lot of folksy acoustic music - think Dylan and Neil Young, etc.
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Lead Guitar:
- Acoustic Guitar:
- Bass Guitar:
- Mac with Logic Pro X
- Universal Audio Apollo x8
- Numerous professional quality audio production software products including, but not limited to, a large selection of UAD plugins, the everything bundle by Slate Digital. Izotope Ozone 8 Advanced bundle. Various Waves compressors, reverbs, delays and other tools
- Re-Amping capabilities using vintage Fender tube amps
- Adam A7x monitors
- Universal Audio 6176 outboard preamp / compressor
- Various quality microphones (AKG, Shure, etc)
- Various quality effects processors
- Roland V Series drums
- Roland FP7 digital piano
- Numerous guitars - Gibson ES 335, Gibson ES 175, Fender Tele, Fender Strat, Martin HD 28, Collings acoustic
- Fender Jazz Bass
- Vintage amplifiers of various shapes and sizes
Backstroke (Albert Collins)
Backstroke (Albert Collins) Year: 2019 Genre: Blues
Recorded in my home studio. All instruments played by me except the drums are programmed (and not very well)
Talk To Me
Talk To Me Track number: 1 Year: 2013 Album: UnNamed Genre: Blues
Just a rough cut recorded entirely direct with amp sims. Drums are programmed ...everything else is me. Boring without the vocals...
All About My Girl - Albert Collins
All About My Girl - Albert Collins Genre: Blues
Unmixed / poorly dubbed version of Albert Collins classic.
I Had My Fun
I Had My Fun Genre: Blues
Just some nonsense recorded direct with amp sims and an acoustic.