SEEKINGBand to Join, Vocalist, Vocalist - Bass, Vocalist - Baritone, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - Soprano, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Keyboard, Piano, Background Singer, Harmonica, Banjo, Mandolin, Fiddle, Dobro, Vocalist - Alto, Steel guitar, Upright bass, Ukulele.
I’m an experienced, versatile drummer looking for the right musical situation. I've performed genres spanning everything from jazz to industrial rock, reggae to country, alt rock to musical theater and blues to pop. I have the chops to play about anything and the maturity and musicality to know when not to; and I’ve done it in front of audiences ranging from intimate private parties to thousands in lots of venues you’ve heard of and even more that you haven’t.
Beyond percussive feel, taste and chops, I bring to the table backing vocals and some lead vocal capability. Can play acoustic guitar & keys at a very rudimentary level, but mostly for songwriting purposes. It's been a while, but I can read if necessary.
Easy going, fair and easy to work with, but common goals and aspirations are key. My ideal gig frequency would be two weekends a month on average. I need to stay local the vast majority of the time. The right situation in my mind, at the moment, could be any of several possibilities:
1) Original country project from the ground up. Would like to team with a primary writer, write and arrange the repertoire and complete the band for recording & playing live.
2) Existing (or very close) tribute act. Open to a variety of artists, but must have significant potential to be an in-demand act. If you can credibly cover Jimmy Buffett, Pat Green, Trent Reznor, Elton John, Dave Grohl, Jerry Jeff Walker or Jon Anderson (Yes), I might be open to teaming and building a tribute project from the ground up.
3) Existing, in-demand cover act needing to fill their drum chair or a sub.
If any of this sounds interesting, let me know. Or, general musical networking is encouraged as well!
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Jul 12 2014
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
Top of mind answers: Aerosmith (Pre-Rehab), The Beatles, Jimmy Buffett, Foo Fighters, Genesis, Pat Green, John Hiatt, Kansas, Led Zeppelin, Lyle Lovett, Bob Marley, Nine Inch Nails, Santana, Jerry Jeff Walker, Yes, and lots of jazz, Latin & classical.
- Other Percussion:
- Acoustic Guitar:
* Top of the line Yamaha (Recording Custom Series) & Zildjian (mostly A's & K's) drum gear in plenty of sizes to choose from.
* LP congas (quinto, conga, tumba), bongos & timbales. Lots of assorted percussion from agogo bells to duck calls to wind chimes
* Shure microphones (SM57s, SM58 & a Beta 52 bass drum mic)
* Martin DXK2 acoustic guitar
* Yamaha recording deck.