SEEKINGBand to Join, Vocalist, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Bass Guitar, Saxophone, Piano.
• Amateurs; people with day jobs looking to have fun at night.
• Manhattan based rehearsals and bar gigs.
• Not looking to make money (use whatever piece of the door we’d get to pay for rehearsal space).
• Classic Rock, Soul, Blues covers; no originals. See music examples list, below. Play either “true” to the original, or personalize the cut a bit (hence some cover versions, noted below).
• “Good enough” to walk into the rehearsal space, and work on (relatively easily) banging out the tunes (they shouldn’t be first learning the piece in the rehearsal space).
• Will work around everyone’s schedules. Probably more active in fall, winter, and early spring. Goal is to play out (one hour bar gigs) six times a year.
• People who want to have fun doing this.
• No attitude.
Sample set-list (very sample; very open to a variation):
Favorite Mistake - Sheryl Crow
Change the Lock - Lucinda Williams
Heard it Through the Grapevine - CCR
Hi-Heel Sneakers - Grateful Dead
Don’t Let Me Down - Beatles
Miss You - Rolling Stones or Etta James
Feelin’ Alright - Joe Cocker
Will It Go Round in Circle - Martin Sexton
Love the One You’re With/You Can’t Always Get What You Want - Neville Bros.
Birds Nest on the Ground Jimmy Vivino
Call Me the Breeze - JJ Cale
Smoking Gun - Robert Cray
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Feb 11 2018
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Just for Fun
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- 10 to 50
- Most available:
Cymbals and stands; snare drum.