SEEKINGVocalist - Tenor, Keyboard, Piano, Background Singer, Vocalist - Alto, Electronic Music.
Keyboard player needed for a 9 piece wedding/corporate/private party band in the tri-state area. Professional situation, so pros only, please...This is a newer band in the showcasing stage, although all members are experienced, currently gigging musicians. Promotional materials are complete and we have begun to perform at showcases to get some gigs on the books. Our existing keyboard player had to exit the band for personal reasons.
Position requires a player that can function with minimal rehearsal, and is available for weeknight showcases in the tri-state area (probably 4 times per year). Target gig frequency is 2 to 4 per month. Pay for gigs will range from $350 to $500 per musician (for a 4 hour gig) depending on the location and specifics. Keyboard player will in most cases be asked to play cocktail hour which pays an extra $100. If overtime is requested at a gig, all musicians will be additionally compensated.
Note that rehearsals and showcases are required but not paid in this band. We are early in the process, so gig frequency will be lower for the first year. A musician that is frequently touring/unavailable is not desired. However, there is by no means an expectation for exclusivity to this band, with the understanding that reasonable availability is needed to ensure we have a consistent lineup.
• Age 21 to 45 (we are not ageists, but note that all of the members in this band are in this age range)
• Professional gear, with the ability to replicate (very closely) sounds from the songs being covered
• Can handle current top 40/dance music convincingly and substitute for a horn section when required
• Comfortable with learning songs and performing with little or no rehearsal
• Able to play jazz and handle a cocktail hour unaccompanied
• Familiar with and can use Ableton Live or other similar software when tracks are needed (preferred but not required)
• Sequencing ability (preferred but not required)
• Ability to sing lead or backup (preferred but not required)
• Professional attitude
• Long term commitment
• Access to reliable transportation to NJ, NYC, Long Island, and CT
Please send bio, with media (pictures, video, and audio preferred), your availability, and your contact info. Thank you for reading all of this, and hoping we have a good fit!
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Mar 16 2015
- Active within 1 week
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years together:
- 41 years
Wedding/Corporate Band...top 40 covers, dance music, rock/hard rock, jazz or whatever the customer wants!
Members Of Band
9 piece band, all experienced, gigging musicians
Professional sound company associated with this band. IEM system, digital console, high end speakers
Demo Medley Genre: Pop