SEEKINGBand to Join, Vocalist, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Other Percussion, Trumpet, Piano.
I'm Robb. Professional drummer, guitarist, bassist, vocalist, and sound engineer.
I've been playing music professionally for 10 years beginning in bar bands and ending my latest era in the United States Army Band in St. Paul, MN. I come from a long line of musicians, have an expert grasp on music theory, production, showmanship, and live sound experience.
Lately, I've been working with my two main bands, Jiselle McCollum's Jazz Cult and the award-winning Parachute Pandas out of Minneapolis Minnesota. I am still looking for a serious project on the side.
I'm not a writer, but I provide fantastic creative energy and input throughout the process. I am most comfortable in funk, blues, rock, jazz, and hard rock settings, but am versed in nearly every style to fit any stage at any venue.
I have a comprehensive list of professional gear from guitars, pedals, amps, drums, cymbals, and reliable transportation.
Let me know how I can take your band to the next level with my expertise.
Contact: lawrencelauer at gee mail. I usually respond within 12 hours. Feel free to call or text my personal line at 612-SevenZeroSeven-TwoZero4Three.
- Classically trained in jazz, latin, rock, funk, swing, etc. United States Naval Academy of Music
- 6 years touring in United States Army Band
- Filled roles as drummer for swing and jazz band
- Toured as rhythm guitarist/bassist/lead vocals in rock combo
- Toured as sound engineer in rock combo
- Local experience around Minneapolis/St. Paul with several local bands
- Currently drummer for Narco States, Old Desert Road, Jiselle McCollum's Jazz Cult and Parachute Pandas out of Minneapolis, MN
- Toured in several major US cities (Washington DC, St. Louis, New Orleans, Seattle, Milwaukee, Madison, Atlanta, etc.)
- Toured in Heidelberg, Germany summer of 2009
- Toured the east coast with Narco States in cities such as Brooklyn, NY, Philly, Montclair, NJ, Columbus OH, and Buffalo NY.
- Taught lessons to children ages 8-12 in hometown for two years spanning from 2008-2010
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Apr 12 2009
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
- Most available:
As an academic, I draw inspiration from all types of music and drummers but lately I've been working the most with Carter McClean and Benny Greb.
- Other Percussion:
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Vocalist - Tenor:
- Acoustic Guitar:
- Bass Guitar:
- Gretsch Catalina Club Mod (fusion/jazz sizes)
- Mapex Meridian Maple (Bonham sizes)
- Tama Imperialstar (jazz sizes)
- Twin Cities Drum Collective Travel Date
Cymbals (Current Set Up):
Meinl Byzance 14" Foundry Reserve Hi Hats
Meinl Byzance 18" Dark Crash
Meinl Byzance 20" Dual Crash Ride
Meinl Byzance 21" Transition Ride
Meinl Byzance 19" Extra Dry Thin Crash
Meinl Byzance 10" Dual Splash
- Fender Strat HHS model
- Ibanez Artcore Hollow
- Fender P Bass Standard
Fancy Heart Track number: 1 Year: 2012 Album: Demo
Demo from "The Red Darners" soon to "The Darners". I did not participate on this album but offered creative input to the drum track.
The 451st Army Band, Ft. Snelling MN, doing live, free concert in Shoreview, MN
The United States Army 451st Band doing a free concert in Excelsior, MN
Private party in Norwood, MN.
Up and coming country music genius Tim Styles opening in Silver Lake, MN.