SEEKINGBand to Join, Vocalist, Vocalist - Baritone, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - Soprano, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Saxophone, Keyboard, Piano, Background Singer, Vocalist - Alto, Upright bass.
Roger Friend’s musical career spans over 3 decades of diverse experience. Touring in more than 100 countries, with jazz, blues, pop and rock groups of all origins, he has the experience of diversity and many international musical elements as his influence. Roger, also an educator and percussion facilitator has the motivation to inspire and encourage aspiring others to grow and achieve on their own paths. Performing clinics and workshops, as well as working with leading manufacturers in drum design is yet another outlet for his deep passion for music and the music and drumming community.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Jun 29 2007
- Active within 1 week
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 4-5 nights a week
- Most available:
Creating a musical experience which surpasses the normal, generic level. I bring the element of true dynamics and powerful expression, with a focus on supporting the music. I approach each situation with a focus on groove, but adding coloration and depth. I am also working with several manufacturers, distributors and retailers to further the musical cause and reach the educational and successful potential in each and every situation. I have a true global approach to music.
• Tours & Recordings w/Karl Anthony on NewTone Records
• New Release “20 Years Later”
• Tours & Recordings w/Steve Oliver, Signed with Koch Records. Performing locally and throughout the US. Recorded on “First View” & “3D”
• Tours & Recordings w/Steve Reid’s Bamboo Forest. Signed with Universal Records
• Extensive touring throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia
• International Jazz Festivals, Arenas and Club dates in 1996-2001
• Recorded on CD’s: “Watersign”, “Mysteries” & “Passion in Paradise”
• Recordings with Accidental Tribe & Mango Reality
• Recording and Tours with Tony MacLaren’s “Big Bang” and "Tall Tales"
• Tours w/‘Jazzatopia’ Featuring Mark Antoine, Everett Harp & Slim Man
BA, Percussion: UCLA & Musik Akadamin, Stockholm Sweden
PIT Graduate, Hollywood, CA
: Mt. Miguel High School, San Diego, CA (Drum Section Leader 2 years)
Member of Rhythm For Life Organization
Worldwide Clinician and Educator for Numerous Manufacturers
You can also check out:
My email address is: rogdrumz
I'm back in San Diego!
- Other Percussion:
- Background Singer:
TAYE Drums (USA), Sabian Cymbals (Canada), Tycoon Percussion (Thailand), XL Specialty / Gator Cases (USA), Aquarian Drumheads (USA), Regal Tip Drumsticks (USA), Audix Microphones (USA), Carvin Pro Audio (USA).
Jazz on 6th St in Austin! 6 - 10PM
Showcase of some new tunes.
Anaheim Convention Center 2-3 PM, outside in the courtyard.
7-11 PM, No Cover!
At NAMM Museum of Making Music - 7-9 PM
Performing with Karl Anthony (www.karlanthony.com)
Performances with Mike Ryder and the Mile High Quartet
@ The Unity Center, San Diego, CA featuring Karl Anthony, Cahill & Delene, Joe Rathburn and Peter Bolland