SEEKINGBand to Join, Vocalist, Vocalist - Bass, Vocalist - Baritone, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - Soprano, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Other Percussion, Violin, Trumpet, Saxophone, Piano, Background Singer, Harmonica, Flute, Other, Banjo, Mandolin, Fiddle, Dobro, Vocalist - Alto, Trombone, Steel guitar, Upright bass, Accordion.
I'm primarily a guitarist and singer who tends to lean more toward older music. I'm not talking 70s and 80s, I'm talking more 40s and 50s.
I like old Rock N Roll, honky tonk country, western swing, and folk music of the 60s. Jazz from the 20s to 50s. Cowboy music from the era of Autry and Rogers.
I play country styles from the days of Bob Wills and Spade Cooley up to the outlaw movement, and anything after I'm not as big on.
I'd love a band that could pull off a bit of the 50s and 60s sensibilities of Country, where it blended Rock N Roll and Pop seamlessly. Country musicians kind of did a bit of everything. I'd love to be able to do a Ray Price number one moment and then go right into a jazz standard or a rowdy Chuck Berry tune. Listen to a Bob Wills transcription from the 40s and tell me you don't hear the makings of what would be standard with Chuck Berry. Buck Owens and Johnny Cash weren't only played on the country stations.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Aug 02 2011
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
Guitarists, singers, and songwriters who influenced me:
Mark Knopfler, Karl Farr, Django Reinhardt, Johnny Bond, Don Gibson, Buck Owens, Junior Barnard, Hank Thompson, Jerry Reed, Tommy Duncan, Merle Haggard, Conway Twitty, George Jones, Faron Young, Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams, Hank Garland, Marty Robbins, Patsy Cline, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Eddy Arnold, Bing Crosby, Perry Como, Eddie Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Grady Martin, Reggie Young, Chet Atkins, Dean Martin, Don Rich, Bob Wills, Lloyd Perryman, Roy Rogers, Willie Nelson, Peggy Lee, Helen Forrest, Nat King Cole, Ry Cooder, Gene Autry, Tex Ritter, Slim Whitman, Cindy Walker
- Vocalist - Baritone:
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Lead Guitar:
- Acoustic Guitar:
- Bass Guitar:
- Background Singer:
- Steel guitar:
-Guitars- (I have many, but these are my primaries)
Texas Special Loaded Partocaster
Oscar Schmidt Classical Guitar
Behringer V-Tone amp with a 4x12 cab
Fender Mustang Floor, which pretty much defines my sound.
Slide Guitar Son House Style
Slide Guitar Son House Style Year: 2014 Genre: Blues
- In Your 'Big three' at 12/20/13 01:44:43
- In Post your 15 minute guitar solo at 09/19/13 16:23:22
- In Post your 15 minute guitar solo at 09/18/13 23:15:25
- In Tubes or Solid State ? .... let the madness begin !!!! at 09/17/13 22:52:51
- In ADD A ROCKABILLY CATEGORY! at 09/16/13 03:07:31
- In Why do some musicians feel vocalists aren't equal to them? at 09/13/13 17:53:34
- In Hooray for Texas!!!! at 09/11/13 01:14:28
- In Please name your favorite live album. at 09/09/13 00:28:46
- In Tubes or Solid State ? .... let the madness begin !!!! at 09/03/13 15:03:34
- In Tubes or Solid State ? .... let the madness begin !!!! at 08/22/13 08:21:30