Working dance/r&b/funk band seeking experienced keyboard player that would like the opportunity to side-step the typical band startup grind and drop right into a well-oiled 7 piece - just learn the music and let's get to work. Our mission is to keep the dance floor packed and to provide a premium entertainment experience.
We have rehearsal studio space with backline, live sound configuration with six monitor mixes, digital mixer, etc. - conveniently located in the heart of Wichita. Once per week rehearsals, efficient and organized. No drugs, no drama, no egos, no nonsense; we've got work to do and gigs to play.
Our keyboard player needs soul and feeling, and can play in the pocket. Some music theory / reading knowledge helpful as all tunes media and charts posted to the cloud for anywhere access by the band; but in the end what really matters is a very funky individual with the following skills/attributes:
* Accountable, reliable, good communicator
* Can learn music quickly, does homework out of the rehearsal studio
* Knows their way around a workstation (e.g., Motif, Fantom, Triton, etc.)
* Is one hell of a player in need of one hell of a band
* Cares about playing music people what to hear, true to the original (very true)
* Has heard, is familiar with, can't get enough of music from artists like Gap Band, Chaka Khan, Bruno Mars, Midnight Star, Maze ft. Frankie Beverly, Kool and the Gang, Ariana Grande, Mariah Carey, Bobby Brown, Cameo, Beyonce, etc.
* Vocal harmonies and multi-instrumentalists are a big plus
This is a great situation for the right player.
If this sounds interesting to you and would like to know more, please shoot me a text at 316-207-6852
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Apr 06 2007
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music: