SEEKINGVocalist, Rhythm Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Background Singer.
Bluesy, gritty guitarist. Fat tone. More Keef than Satch, Perry than Vai, you get the picture. Not into shredding but can make it scream when needed. Worship at the musical altar of Keith Richards, Joe Perry and Alex Lifeson (when I'm feeling froggy). Think Ty Tabor is the best guitarist on the planet that nobody's ever heard.
Played out 2-3 times a month nonstop from 1989 to 1998 (9 years). Took a long break and started again in 2006. Retired from my last band in November of 2011.
It's been nearly a year and I'm itching to play again. Here's the particulars (everything negotiable)
• Looking for cover band primarily. It's the easiest way to get gigs and a following around here.
• Like to write too so mixing in originals always welcome.
• Can ideally practice once a week and play out 2-3 times a month.
• Married, full-time career. Very happy. No delusions of grandeur here. You get the picture.
• Just want to play, play, play!! And making a little extra dough on the side is icing on the cake!
• Absolutely no drama please. I'm young at heart but too old for that crap. Looking for happy people!
• Work best when I'm the only guitarist but have and can work with another guitarist. Just prefer not to.
• No ego concerning that last statement. Just suits my playing style and learning songs, etc. :)
• Would like to keep traveling to a minimum. Plenty of local places to play if you know where to look.
See my influences below. They are just the main/biggest ones. By no means all of them. I listen to a lot of stuff. Like to blend genres/styles sometimes.
- Screen name:
- Todd Day
- Member since:
- Feb 29 2012
- Active within 1 week
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
- Most available:
Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Joe Perry, Ace Frehley, Chuck Berry, Alex Lifeson, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmy Page, Angus Young, Ty Tabor, Eric Clapton, Robin Trower, Frank Marino, Gary Moore, Scott Gorham, etc etc etc.
- Lead Guitar:
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Fender 60's Reissue Strat, Takamine Acoustic/electric.
Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10 (65w)
Effects: Pedalboard set-up. All "stompboxes," no rack effects. Crybaby, Tube Screamer, various MXR, DOD, Boss, etc.
Own my own mic and stand but no P.A. unfortunately.