SEEKINGOther, Background Singer, Piano, Keyboard, Other Percussion, Drums, Lead Guitar, Vocalist.
Howdy. I'm in Fort Collins, CO and have started an original project <.writesitself> and you can reach us at <writesitselfmusic >. The band is Brian Guy on vocals and guitar and myself on bass.
Here's what we are looking for:
1) Lead Guitar
2) Piano/ keys
3) Drums/ Percussionist
5) Multi-Instrumentalist (brass, woodwind, or strings)
1) Be musically dynamic, empathetic, and stylistically diverse; have a strong ear, improvisational skills, and trust in their own musicianship.
2) Be a strong lead player, able to improvise melodies and solo tastefully.
3) Be available no less than 3 times a week (rehearsals, gigs, etc.) .
4) Be willing to tour part or full time summer 2012.
5) Have an entrepreneurial, professional approach to this project. Although management will handle the details, this is a business and career path for the serious players - not a weekend bar band playing for a tab.
6) Be willing to relocate given the right opportunity.
7) Have a demo or link to your material. No resume, no job.
Candidates IDEALLY would:
1) Have a strong background in jazz or world music.
2) Be a composer or songwriter. Multiple writers makes for a more appealing overall product.
3) SING!!!! (Good vocals and harmony is essential)
The current members of this project (vocals, guitar, and bass) are based in Fort Collins, CO. Stylistically, the project is taking shape and open to what each individual brings to the table. At the risk of being too general, the current members bring varying degrees of proficiency in rock, jazz, reggae, R&B, classical, bluegrass, blues, latin, funk, and progressive rock. The approach to live performances is more geared towards creating an experience of where the music can go as opposed to playing rehearsed, in the box songs, but not exclusively.
The purpose of this ad is to attract professional, like minded individuals hungry to succeed in this business and weed out those that are already dedicated to other ties. This project seeks great players that are ready and willing to play the big stage as well as put in the time and work to get there. This is not a bar band looking for a few shows on the front range! Those already in the project are in their mid 30's and share the collective vision of playing full time in an original working band. If you share this conviction then check out our links to hear some of the music of the current members and feel free to give me a shout: writesitselfmusic at dot com
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Oct 10 2011
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years together:
- Gigs played:
- 10 to 50
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
- 39 years
Members Of Band
Brian Guy (vocals, guitar)
Dan Mennitt (bass)
At the moment, my favorite bass is a Warwick Thumb.